Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Emoticons Stuck !

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#106 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

Ron, I'm glad you found the problem. After the great deal of effort put into resolving your problem by the many great folks here at WTT, it would be a kind gesture to include your final solution in this thread.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#107 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

appleoddity;.....

After the great deal of effort put into resolving your problem by the many great folks here at WTT, it would be a kind gesture to include your final solution in this thread.

Delighted......

1st off , let me say this , appleoddity , you were/are 100% correct in that the problem is associated with NetZero.....
I remembered that waaaay back in April,2008 , I had another problem with NetZero....
At that time the problem was the screen resolution would change EVERY time I went online...
I'd reset it , but when I went back online it reverted back to a higher (1280 x 768) number that shrunk
up my desktop icons to the point I could barely read them....
I went round & round with another computer tech assist website (was not aware of WTT at the time) & NetZero's Tech support....
It was NetZero's support that finally solved that problem.....
They failed to solve this one....I did solve it.... :woot: ....

At that time NetZero suggested I completely uninstall NetZero by using Add/Remove Programs & deleteing leftover files by using the "search" box , which I did....
NetZero said to re-install their software in a different folder other than C:\Program Files.
So I installed their software on my desktop....
Ta Da , it worked.....
That was then....I decided to try that for the emoticon problem & Ta Da it worked !!!! ...:woot:
And it STILL works....

What bothers me MOST of all about this is the fact that I had this version of NetZero's software installed for MANY , MANY months before this problem reared it's ugly head....
When you mess with adjustments on TVs , cars or dam near ANYTHING else , the response is nearly immediate....
It doesn't take many mucho months for them to show up &/or cause trouble...

So , in a nutshell , appleoddity , the fix is to install NetZero in ANY folder other than C:\Program Files...
The cure is unknown....Only NetZero can possibly know....
I can NOT begin to tell you enough how much I appreciate yours & others efforts...

Once again:....

MANY THANKS to EVERYONE for their efforts....
You truly ARE a GREAT crew here !!!

Later....Ron.M..... B) .....