Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Resolved] Need help removing re-generating virus/trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#16 Granny Mouse

Granny Mouse

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

okie dokie CatByte ... Kaspersky says the system is all clear, 39625 objects scanned, -0- threats, infected or suspicious objects found ... ran about 2 hr 10 min. I was about to install the new copy of ZA but noticed the toolbar above is blacked-out, again ... am thinking maybe something 'just' got picked up while posting here without protection ?? Anyway, let me know if i should go ahead and install it or continue with new instructions ... the copy of ZASS is the full and paid Security Suite (has been good for us, for several years) ... however we are within 90 days of renewal and are considering others. Your input is greatly appreciated. I do believe ZASS has been blocking this virus (vundo has been around awhile and this is our first breach) but somehow, something got through and ZASS got confused ... may be why it continued blocking access after clean-up. Several ppl have suggested using Firefox and that's my next download ... should i remove IE after installing Firefox ?? SpywareBlaster sounds like a good one to have active but the SpywareGuard sounds like it would conflict with ZASS, and if so, can i simply turn off the real-time Zass Spyware and use the Guard ?? ATF Cleaner is loaded and used regularly along with Piriform's CCleaner ... the MVPS Hosts and WOT are totally new to me and i'm wondering if they are compatible with ZASS, also. So, in closing ... what a wild ride this has been ... with regard to the 'blacked-out' toolbar, should i address the issue in another thread ?? and if so, which one please ?? Thanks again, your help is such a blessing !!!! mouse

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hi,

If you have been happy with ZA, then keep it. No AV or Firewall can keep everything out unfortunately.

I'm not that familiar with it's workings, so I am not the best person to help you with it. I would start a new topic in our software forum and let the expert tech's there guide you through the set up. It may just be a few settings that need adjusting.

No need to uninstall IE if you install FireFox, it's fine to have both, and sometimes IE is required if you need access to certain MS sites.

I would install the Web of Trust, but you may find you don't need the other programs. It depends on your configuration.

Good Luck and stay safe :wavey:

~CB

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#18 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:04 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015