Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91977 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Resolved] Computer calling me a loser ><;;

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#16 meepmeep1101

meepmeep1101

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

Yes, thats a game I play. I have had it on my computer since like December. umm..I press save, and i dont know where it is. I search my computer and its not there.

Edited by meepmeep1101, 05 November 2009 - 08:45 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

Hi,

Are you referring to the CKFiles.txt?

Search for it using windows explorer. It may have saved to a different location.

Have you noticed you hear this voice when you are using "Aim"?

It could be a sign off from one of your contacts?

Do you use a custom screensaver?

Please run this following program.

Scan with SuperAntiSpyware

SAS, may take a long time to scan

Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
    First
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#18 meepmeep1101

meepmeep1101

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:29 AM

I did search for it, and cant find it after i saved it 3 times ><:; No i wasnt on aim, and no i dont have a screensaver.

#19 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

OK then, let's see what SuperAntiSpyware turns up

#20 meepmeep1101

meepmeep1101

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

ok. So I did everything you tell me and I go into safe mode (I didn't know my mouse setting would change, cause my mouse is broken, I can only right click, but i switched it so it left clicks, but not in safe mode, so I tabbed and entered everything ^O^) I started the scan, and my computer shut off. I turned it back on and into safe mode and scan again, and my computer shut off again. ><;;;...It was scanning like registry files then ><;; Do you want the log? NVM..there is no log ><;;

Edited by meepmeep1101, 06 November 2009 - 03:12 PM.

#21 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

Can you try updating your Malwarebytes Antimalware program and run a full scan with that program. Allow it to remove anything is finds and post the log

#22 meepmeep1101

meepmeep1101

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

i run that everynight while i sleep. It never finds anything.

#23 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

Hi, Try running the SuperAntiSpyware progrm in Normal mode, see if it will complete a run.

#24 meepmeep1101

meepmeep1101

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

I did it in normal, and i wait like 40 minutes and it turned up 87 tracing cookies, but then I left the room, came back, and my computer was off. I turned it on to run normal, and in like 15 seconds it turned off. turned it back on to run the windows repair and before it could load the files, it turned off. I turned it on again to run safe mode, and it turned off, and I tried one more time, and it did it again. I waited 2 minutes and then unplugged my power cord, internet cord, and I turned it on and here I am ><;;; I was finna cry..omg :( ....It never finished ><;;

#25 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

I'm thinking this was an adware cookie that was on your system causing this, so lets clean out all your cookies and java cache

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

f you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time.

Please use you computer normally for a couple of days to see if this occurs again. If is does please try and write down exactly what you were doing at the time, what web site you were visiting if you were on line, or what program you were using at the time.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 meepmeep1101

meepmeep1101

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:11 AM

my comp just turned off on me..just now...umm..I was only playing the sims. My internet wasnt open and I wasnt on an insant messaging. I did do that thing earlier. Could your comp turn off if its too hot? or id it possible from my power cord to short circut it somehow? Cuz if i unplug my powercord, internet cord, and my fan usb cord and turn it on, it does not turn off again ><;; (as in those first 30 seconds of rebooting)..I plug them back in after the computer fully reboots.

Edited by meepmeep1101, 07 November 2009 - 06:12 AM.

#27 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:15 AM

Yes, Your computer will shut down if it gets too hot.

#28 meepmeep1101

meepmeep1101

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

Well I think thats what it could have been. I do leave m computer on like 6 hours a night cause I listen to music when i sleep and I woke up this morning and it was off. But I look at my usb fan,,,and it wasnt on. The other side of my usb was not in all the way, so hopefully that was the problem ><;; Cause I usually am always on my comp and it has never done that to me, but I think twice, but they werent close enough to actually think it was a problem >< I have only had it since December. Are there any other ways to keepp your laptop cool? I have an HP and they get really hot.

#29 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:43 PM

There are lap top bases with fans in them, and a good clean out of dust and debris helps, but unless you live in a very dudty environment, it shouldn't be too bad if it's less than a year old. Once we are sure the malware is gone, you can start a thread in our tech forum and let the techs give you more advise on that. Have you had any further issues with the random voice.

#30 meepmeep1101

meepmeep1101

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

i actually just found out that my usb fan has a shortage in the cord..thats why it goes on and off as it pleases...Yep..I have a fan base...Ok..well hopefully I wont be back..^O^