Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91913 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Network/Gateway issues

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Jiso

Jiso

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

First: netsh winsock reset This command resets the LSP chain that we just checked.

The requested operation requires elevation.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

You need to open an administrative command prompt first by click start -> programs -> accessories and right-clicking "command prompt." Choose to run as administrator.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#18 Jiso

Jiso

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:54 PM

You need to open an administrative command prompt first by click start -> programs -> accessories and right-clicking "command prompt." Choose to run as administrator.

I opened command prompt and kept trying to right click the open window :blush:

Rebooting right now

#19 Jiso

Jiso

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:58 PM

And now what?

#20 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:37 AM

Did you type the two commands, restart your computer, and test your internet connection?

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.

#21 Jiso

Jiso

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, sure have. Here's what I get: netsh winsock reset Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset. netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt Reseting Echo Request, failed. Access is denied. Reseting Interface, OK! A reboot is required to complete this action. After reseting the laptop everything is the same.

#22 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

Hi, until appleoddity gets back to you it may be time to try WinSockFix......have a look at post 14 for details/links etc. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#23 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:03 AM

I have verified that LSPFix does work with Vista. I thought it did, but had to make sure. I used it a couple of days ago to fix a problem. Can you try to run LSPfix again and see what it tells you? By the way, your complaint from LSPfix might be if you didn't "run as administrator," on it. Right-click the lspfix.exe file and select "Run As Administrator." Then see what your results are. Just thought of that. :)

#24 Jiso

Jiso

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

I have verified that LSPFix does work with Vista. I thought it did, but had to make sure. I used it a couple of days ago to fix a problem.

Can you try to run LSPfix again and see what it tells you?

By the way, your complaint from LSPfix might be if you didn't "run as administrator," on it. Right-click the lspfix.exe file and select "Run As Administrator." Then see what your results are. Just thought of that. :)

Hmm, I'll try it now.

Error

Protocol or Namespace Catalog keys not present in the Registry.
Please re-install Winsock 2.

#25 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:47 AM

I have not reviewed the program that is being suggested by Paws, but it sounds like a viable solution to look at.

However, I did some more research and found someone with your exact same problem who pretty much followed the same steps we have taken so far.

However, the following command from an "administrative" command prompt finally solved his problem:

netsh int ip install

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 Jiso

Jiso

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:32 AM

Have tried the "netsh int ip install" commend twice now with zero to show for unfortunetly Starting to think it would be a good idea to throw the computer out the window haha

#27 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:19 AM

Huh... That is strange..

I looked at the instructions offered previously in this thread by Paws. But, the winsockfix is actually named "winsockxpfix" which I am familar with. I think it is only for XP.

The thread that I mentioned in my last post with the guy who had the exact same problem started out trying all the stuff in the recommended instructions even using winsockxpfix with no success. So, at this point I would say you could try it and probably not cause any significant problems, it might even fix the issue, but I am not hopeful because I think it is only for XP.

I did see that there are some seperate commands possibly specific to Vista because of its IPv6 support. I think these are hopeful because I literally think that tcp/ip is not installed properly.

So, you could try the following 2 commands in order:

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv4 install

Edited by appleoddity, 31 October 2009 - 08:23 AM.

#28 Jiso

Jiso

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

looked at the instructions offered previously in this thread by Paws. But, the winsockfix is actually named "winsockxpfix" which I am familar with. I think it is only for XP.

The thread that I mentioned in my last post with the guy who had the exact same problem started out trying all the stuff in the recommended instructions even using winsockxpfix with no success. So, at this point I would say you could try it and probably not cause any significant problems, it might even fix the issue, but I am not hopeful because I think it is only for XP.

Gave that a shot yesterday. The program worked in Vista but did not manage to solve the problem.

So, you could try the following 2 commands in order:

netsh int ipv4 install

Resetting Echo Request, failed.
Access is denied

Reseting Global, OK!
Reseting Interface, OK!
A reboot is required to complete this action.

netsh int ipv4 install
A reboot is required to complete this action.

After the reboot the problem was still there.

#29 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

You may want to read here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

Follow the instructions for Vista.

I took a brief browse through this thread again. Any internet security software could be at fault here.

You never really mentioned what product(s) you might have installed.

The other thing would be malware.

So, if you eliminate the possibility of your internet security software, then you're going to have to visit the malware removal forum and have them provide a method for you to get your system checked up.

Read Here
Post Here

You may have to download the tools necessary on a flash drive and move them to the other computer.

Edited by appleoddity, 31 October 2009 - 06:18 PM.