Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91819 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

window police pro - caused blue screen -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 robe414

robe414

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

i can't find any ntbtlog.txt file anywhere. i deleted one earlier in d:/windows as you instructed. but a new one was not created. another wierd thing is when i set the SATA hard drive as the second option and after cd rom in boot sequence and select boot from hard drive this gets me to blue screen on start up but when i go into mini xp, windows is in the c drive. when i set IDE drive as second after cd rom in boot sequence and select boot from hard drive i get a screen of windows 98 options and when i go into mini xp, windows is in the d drive. this is why i said earlier that I think the c drive has xp and d drive has windows 98.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 robe414

robe414

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

i just did the same process from the SATA drive/ C/windows drive i did chkdsk c: /r i did the reg query .... command and here is the log.txt file ! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\_REMOTE_SYSTEM\Select Current REG_DWORD 0x3 Default REG_DWORD 0x3 Failed REG_DWORD 0x2 LastKnownGood REG_DWORD 0x4 path to user hive is same: hkey_users\_remote_respasa

#33 robe414

robe414

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

again, i can't locate a ntbtlog.txt file anywhere. even did a search.

#34 noahdfear

noahdfear

Silver Member

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • MVP

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

I think to be safe you should physically disconnect the IDE drive, machine powered down of course, while we try getting the system up again.
The BIOS should automatically detect that there is only one hard drive attached and set it as the proper boot device after the cd-rom.
It's possible that booting without the IDE attached will result in a message the no boot device is present - depends on how the dual systems were installed.
Let me know if that happens.

If loading is successful (even if it blue screens) boot back to MiniXP and check for the ntbtlog.txt again, delete if present, then do another F8>Enable Bootlogging startup to see if it's recreated.
Dave