Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] I am new and need a advice on weather i have a virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#46 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

Did you follow my instructions from post 25?

Disable it in FireFox

To disable the process in Firefox, go to Tools, Add-ons and switch to the Plugins “tab”. Scroll down to the GetPlus for Adobe 15229 (may vary) and hit the Disable button.

can you quote me the error exactly

thanks

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#47 reynolds.ma

reynolds.ma

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:54 PM

Under plug-ins i have disabled Adobe Acrobat 9.1.0.163 Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape it appears I have to re-disable it every so often, I know I've diabled it already a few times. There is also plug-in titled: Shockwave for Director 11.5.601 Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plu-in, version 11.5 I will try and quote teh excat erro message for you. I have anotehr thought, maybe I should uninstall spybot. It keeps getting in the way when I install adobe reader and sometimes does not allow me enough time to click on accept changes during install.

#48 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Hi, re-enable those ones, they should be enabled. It was only the 'Get Plus' that needed to be disabled. (If it was present) Enable everything and see if that resolves the issue...disabling the other items may be causing the error.... (lets hope that's all it is :lol:)

#49 reynolds.ma

reynolds.ma

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

I tried to do a copy and paste but I couldn't copy the message. I'll describe best that I can First after start-up, I click onto my profile, I get teh windows song, and then an error beep. When myydesktop appears, none of the icons are laoded yet, and the error message is there and it says: In it's blue bar of the window: RUNDLL under that in the grey message area it says: Error Loading C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_Helper.dll The specified module could not be found Enabled, disabled, no change with those two plug-ins.

#50 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hi,

Perhaps allowing the changes isn't enough with teatimer. It probably needs to be reset altogether.

Totally disable it for me... then fix the 04 entry in HJT and see if that resolves it.

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Uninstall Adobe Download Manager] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_Helper.dll",Uninstall /IE2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7 /Get1noarp

To disable teatimer, please do this:

• Run Spybot-S&D in Advanced Mode.
  • If it is not already set to do this Go to the Mode menu select "Advanced Mode"
  • On the left hand side, Click on Tools
  • Then click on the Resident Icon in the List
  • Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any prompts.
  • Restart your computer.<--You need to do this for it to take effect

NEXT
Download ResetTeaTimer.bat to the Desktop (right click the link and select save - save type as "All Files")
http://downloads.sub...setTeaTimer.bat
Double click ResetTeaTimer.bat to remove all entries set by TeaTimer (and preventing TeaTimer to restore them upon reactivation).

Please do not proceed with the HJT fix until the TeaTimer is disabled and reset

#51 reynolds.ma

reynolds.ma

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

Before seeing your post i had went ahead and unistalled spybit altogether, then all the adobes. I was planning on reinstalling the adobes after restart....so far after restart no error since removal of spybot... I also looked for 04 in hijack this and did not see it. Let me try the rest if your suggestion...

#52 reynolds.ma

reynolds.ma

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

OK, spybot is GONE and Adobe has been reinstalled. before rebooting, I took a quick peek in HijackThis, and Noticed that O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Uninstall Adobe Download Manager] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_Helper.dll",Uninstall /IE2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7 /Get1noarp was back, but I left it alone and restarted. So far no error now. Should I still remove O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Uninstall Adobe Download Manager] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_Helper.dll",Uninstall /IE2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7 /Get1noarp in hijack this Or just proceed with everything in post #44? I also don't have any plans on reinstalling spybot, it seemed it was too much trouble for me.

#53 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

Yes, carry on with everything in post 44. You really don't need Spybot. malwarebytes is better to have, update and run it regularly

#54 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.