Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] Slow laptop...trojan maybe?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 alyse_christine

alyse_christine

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

Okay so my stepmom told me about this site and I need help. My laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525) isn't even 2 years old and it acts like its 6-7 years old. I have cleaned off a ton of my music and removed documents and videos thinking that I had used too much of the memory but it's still slow. Can anyone tell me what to do and just give me the steps and procedures and programs to use? I'm fairly good with computers so you don't have to explain it to me like I'm 70 years old lol. Much appreciated!
-Alyse

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

Retired WTT Malware Disintegrator Teacher

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

Hello and welcome to WhatTheTech.

I apologize for the delay in response.

If you still require help, please follow the instructions mentioned here: http://forums.whatth...rs_t106388.html

Post the logs once done and please provide an update of the condition of your system for me.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 from the last day I replied initially, the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image

#4 alyse_christine

alyse_christine

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

sorry i'm a rather busy person...but i did download those things and run those diagnostics...but i lost one of the files (i have no idea how really)...it was the one i was supposed to attch...can i run the diagnostics again?

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

Yes.

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:12 AM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 from the last day I replied initially, the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#7 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:25 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.