[Resolved] Packed.Monder in C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:32 AM
Register to Remove
Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:27 AM
Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:03 AM
Please delete DDS, RootRepeal and the logs we've created.
Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix
- Click START then RUN
- Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the ..X and the /U, it needs to be there.
Your computer now looks clean!
You can keep Malwarebytes, it is an excellent malware removal tool. Update atleast once a week then run a complete scan.
You can get the latest version here.
Or you can download and install Foxit Reader.
You can download the lates version here.
To keep your operating system up to date visit
Here are some tips to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:
1. Make your Internet Explorer More Secure
- From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
- Click once on the Security tab.
- Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
- Click once on the Custom Level button.
- Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt.
- Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable.
- Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable.
- Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt.
- Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt.
- Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt.
- When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
- If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
- Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
3. Make sure you keep your Windows OS current by visiting Windows update regularly to download and install any critical updates and service packs. Without these you are leaving the back door open.
4. Consider a custom hosts file such as MVPS HOSTS. This custom hosts file effectively blocks a wide range of unwanted ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party page counters, web bugs, and many hijackers.
For information on how to download and install, please read this tutorial by WinHelp2002
Note: Be sure to follow the instructions to disable the DNS Client service before installing a custom hosts file.
5. Download and install the free version of WinPatrol. This program protects your computer in a variety of ways and will work well with your existing security software. Have a look at this tutorial to help you get started with the program.
6. SpywareBlaster - Download and install SpywareBlaster. This program prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware and other potentially unwanted programs.
7. SpywareGuard - Download and install SpywareGuard. This provides a real-time protection solution against spyware that is a great addition to SpywareBlaster's protection method.
8. Protect your computer from internet threats with SandboxIE. This program isolates Internet Explorer from the rest of your operating system, 'sandboxing' it away - so malicious websites can't do damage to the rest of your system. There is a Getting Started guide on their website.
9. And finally, please read these excellent articles:
Malware: Help prevent the Infection by Sandi Hardmeier,
Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing
For more safe computing tips please read the guide by Rorschach112 on how to prevent malware and about safe computing here.
Goodluck, happy computing and stay clean!
Proud graduate of WTT Classroom
The help we provide here is free, however, if you wish to donate, you can do so here: http://www.whatthetech.com/donate/
ASAP and UNITE member
Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:19 PM
Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroon
If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation
Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Ignorance did, curiosity was framed.
Learn how to protect Yourself
Microsoft MVP 2011-2015Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users