IIlegal Copies Of Software
Entries in your log indicate that you are running software which circumvents Windows Activation or Validation which implies that your copy of Windows is illegal. I know that some people actually do not know their Windows copy is illegal--it is a used computer or bought from unscrupulous vendors, etc. Beside the legal and moral position, cleaning your computer could be a waste of time as further infection is highly likely since you cannot receive and install all the Windows updates to patch the security holes, etc. A pirated version may receive critical updates via automatic update; however, the individual who is knowingly using a pirated operating system fails to consider that not every update falls into the critical classification. The "non-critical updates" will not be automatically downloaded, yet some of these will still be needed.
Eventually, you will run into trouble. Antiwpa.dll is a prohibited software crack which is used to avoid the Windows’ copy protection. This file, to start automatically makes use of the Winlogon Notify key. The key runs definite programs when particular actions happen like the starting up of the computer, logging in and logging off by the user or when a computer is shutting down.
NOD32 v3.0.642 FiX1.2 by TemDono (31 days remaining forever up
- Bank robbers get out of the bank after stealing some money, jump in the getaway car. Around the corner, they run into a road block and are carted off to the Judge.
- The Robbers are convicted of stealing in one of its forms and the driver of the getaway car is convicted of 'Aiding and Abetting' the robbers in their crime.
- We are in a similar position to that driver of that getaway car; if we assist a criminal (the person who is breaking the law) with his crime, we are then "Aiding and Abetting" that crime.
- If you have an illegal copy of MS Windows (any version - or any other software) and we find out, we will not be able to assist you with your problems until you have purchased a legal copy of that software.
- Please do not take this as an assault on you individually.
- I will be happy to help you with any problems after you install a legal copy of the Windows Operating System.
This is the main reason your computer is infected. Visiting cracksites/warezsites - and other questionable/illegal sites is always
a risk. Even a single click on the site can drop multiple forms of very serious malware, many of which disable your onboard protection, and System Restore.
If you install the cracked software, you are running executable files from these dubious, unknown sources. You are in effect giving these sources access to information on your hard disk, and potential control over the operation of your computer.
In 2006, a study
revealed that 59% of keygens and crack tools downloaded from peer-to-peer networks contained malicious or "unwanted" software.
Additionally, cracked programs
. As the log(s) you've posted indicate, you've used one or more of the above, we will not provide you with any help. Consequently, this topic will be closed and archived.
We do NOT
knowingly provide help for anyone using any form of cracked software and/or Operating Systems.
In using the crack, the 'cracker' has broken the 'End User Licence Agreement' (EULA) of the product concerned.
The distribution and use of cracked copies is illegal in almost every developed country.
You will need to go elsewhere if you wish to have your problem resolved.
As most other forums have the same policy, your best option is to format and re-install your operating system and programs from legitimate sources.