Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93078 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] Your System Is Infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 StephS

StephS

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

I am getting the "Your system is infected! System has been stopped due to serious malfunction" message with blue background. I am unable to access the internet, so I cannot download Hijack this log to present, nor can I download any anti-spyware software. I need some step by step help on this one. The only way I'm posting this question is by using my Blackberry. Thanks!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

Posted Image

Hi, welcome to the WTT Forums. My username is Raktor, and I would be glad to help you with your malware issues. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

• Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
  • Please do not run any scans or fixes without my direction.
  • Finally, stay with this topic until I give you the final 'All clear' post.

Do you have access to another computer where you can put our tools onto a USB key or burn them onto a CD?
Posted Image
Graduate from the WTT Malware Classroom
If you feel I have helped you, please consider a donation. Posted Image
Topics will be closed after three days if there is no response.
Please do not PM me for malware removal assistance.

#3 StephS

StephS

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

Thank you for responding! I won't have access to another computer until the weekend and it is in a different location. Can you tell me which tools I will need? Then I can respond once I am able to load the tools onto my computer.

#4 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

1) exeHelper
Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
Post the contents of exehelperlog.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com, and should open at the end of the scan)
Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

2) DDS
Posted Image
Please download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

3) RR
Please download RootRepeal.zip.
Save it to your Desktop. Alternate download links here or here.
Please print these instructions, you will not have an Internet connection!
If you have a 3rd party "unzipping" program...use it to open the zipped file...then skip to Step 5. Otherwise...
  • Right click on RootRepeal.zip and select "Extract All"....
  • Click Next on the "Welcome to the Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard."
  • Click on the Browse...button, then click on Desktop, then click OK.
  • Once done, check (tick) the Show extracted files box and click Finish.
  • Before running RootRepeal:
    • Disconnect from the Internet as your system will be unprotected while using this tool.
      Close all programs and temporarily disable your anti-virus, Firewall and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan.
  • Open the RootRepeal folder and double-click on RootRepeal.exe to launch it.
  • When the program opens, click the Report tab at the bottom, then click the Scan button.
  • In the Select Scan, dialog which asks What do you want to include in the scan?, check ALL the boxes.
    Posted Image
  • Click OK.
  • In the Select Drives, dialog Please select drives to scan: select all drives showing, then click OK.
    The scan can take some time to finish. Do not use the computer while the scan is running.
    When the scan has completed, a list of files will be generated in the RootRepeal window.
  • Click on the Save Report button and save it as "rootrepeal.txt" to your desktop.
  • Close and exit RootRepeal
  • Double-click on the file rootrepeal.txt... Notepad will open... copy/paste the file contents in your next reply.

Make sure to enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you disabled.
Note: If RootRepeal cannot complete a scan and results in a crash report, try repeating the scan in "safe mode".

4) What You Will Need To Post:
  • DDS logs
  • RR log
  • exeHelper log

Posted Image

#5 StephS

StephS

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:35 PM

Thanks! I will get the tools loaded, run the scans, and post the logs, hopefully on 9/26.

#6 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:25 AM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.
Posted Image