I restarted the computer and an error popped up with "mikasova". i went to msconfig, unchecked something called "ferizokey" which had the command "mikasova.dll".
I did that twice and now their gone.
There's still another called ferizokey but thats unchecked and there's no problems. that has a command "gedesumi.dll"
I've just checked msconfig and there's another thing called "ferizokey" which is currently still checked.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix, SmitfraudFix, MBAM, Vundofix, or HijackThis fixes without supervision.
Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.
Vista users: 1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe)
2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")
Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
You might want to print these instructions out.
I suggest you do this:
Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab. Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders." Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. Download - ATF Cleaner»
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All [external image: Posted Image]
Click the Empty Selected button.
(If you use FireFox or the Opera browser
To keep saved passwords, click No at the prompt.)
It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time or two.
Thanks for the help. Just a few questions before starting.
Theirs nothing on the desk top or in programs that's called "My Computer"
I already have ATF Cleaner installed do i need to download and upgrade?
Before starting should i download HijackThis?
Also i'm not sure if you read the thread in the first post but i'm having this problem as well
when i log out and go to the users page (3 of us use the pc) it goes to black before you can do anything.
The pc's shutting down fine, just this little problem
Will this be fixed by the above? i'm worried this will take too long and i won't be able to do a System Restore as Ztruker suggested before the infection. I'm wondering if there's only so many days to do a restore in.
I hope that's understandable, i'm not great with tech speak
Have a look at SR and see what dates are available.
1.
Click Start.
2.
Point to All Programs.
3.
Point to Accessories.
4.
Point to System Tools.
5.
Click System Restore.
6.
Follow the instructions on the wizard.
See if you can find a date the the PC worked.
The earliest one is
10/9/2009 20:11:38
Judging from when i know the problem started and because it tells me i downloaded Systweak Registry Cleaner on 12/9/2009 20:37:45
i'd say 11/9/2009 12:02:52
Logging in and out is back to normal.
I went to msconfig and all these are gone.
"ferizokey" "mikasova.dll". gedesumi.dll"
Straight after reboot logging in and overall the pc was slow but it seems fine now.
Do i still need to do the above or am i clear?
Ok mate.
Theirs nothing on the desk top or in programs that's called "My Computer"
I already have ATF Cleaner installed do i need to download and upgrade?
Before starting should i download HijackThis?
I now have a computer icon, double clicked. It's showing me disc space with folders on the left but i can't find
Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.