Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

• Can't Upload files to Forums •

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hi

I Can't upload files to forums including this one, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Firewall settings but I'm unsure how to resolve this.
I successfully uploaded this screen dump to this file hosting website, just seems to be with to forums.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

Your problem is the actual file size, thats what the message clearly states anyway, so it's not firewall related, it's just to big, by the upload button it states :-

Max. single upload size: 500K

Your file was over 2mb, see if you can reduce the file size and it should work fine.

Braindead

#3 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

Hi 8210GUY, I hope you are well?
How can I upload the results of my scan if the attachment space won't accompany the file size which is 5.01 KB ?

Edited by manicd, 04 September 2009 - 02:10 PM.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

Compress it to a zip file. Not sure if XP has built in zip compression software, but if not, install Power Archiver 2001. Then simply right click on the file and select one of the two ZIP options. Upload the zip file and anyone here can downlaod it to look at it.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hi ZTrucker

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already tried compressing the file ( 2.15 KB after compression ) & I am still unable to upload it.
• EDIT: I am using Vista with WinRAR

:huh:

Edited by manicd, 04 September 2009 - 04:00 PM.

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

2.15KB should upload with no problem. Are you still getting the same error message as before? If so then the perhaps the file is 2.15MB instead of 2.15KB? I'll send you a PM with my E-mail address. You can send it to me and I'll see if I can upload it for you.

Rich

#7 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

Email sent

The 1st zip I sent contained all of my scans & the 2nd zip is the file I initially tried to upload

#8 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

I see. This looks to be malware related, so you need to start there, not here in the Browser forum. At least that's what I see from the files you sent.

mbam-log-2009-08-30 (19-59-56).txt
ESET Online Scan.jpg
DDS.txt
Attach.txt (another DDS scan log)

In the malware forum, they will want you to copy and paste these logs directly into your post, not upload and attach the files.

Go to the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 5 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatth...ays_t78698.html

The zip files you sent me are 3KB and 49KB so they should have uploaded here with no problem. I'm going to upload them as a test.

Attached File  Scans.zip   47.96KB   405 downloads
Attached File  Attach.zip   2.15KB   458 downloads

Edited by Ztruker, 04 September 2009 - 04:47 PM.

Rich

#9 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

Thanks Ztrucker the, first link doesn't work and I get re-directed "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken."

I've already posted for help Here

I can see you uploaded the zips so why cant I ?

#10 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, just never seem to have any time lately, at least Ztruker has taken good care of you. My best guess ATM to your uploading issue is perhaps they were not in a format supported by the board perhaps ? Ztruker has them uploaded as .zip files, if you used WinRAR they were probably in .rar format, some boards handle that fine, but not sure about here, but you can look at what you tried and see if this may be the case, but you should of got an error message saying why it failed, but at least you have got the help you need on the way now, good luck..

Braindead

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

Nope, he sent me the same files he tried to upload. I don't know why, but it could be malware related, so let's wait here until you receive the all clear from Raktor. I see it's been 4 days since you posted your info, so please add a post here http://forums.whatth...ays_t78698.html

Rich

#12 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hi

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, just never seem to have any time lately, at least Ztruker has taken good care of you.

No worries, I appreciate you getting back to me.

I see it's been 4 days since you posted your info, so please add a post here http://forums.whatth...ays_t78698.html

Ok, but I thought Raktor was dealing with My Post? I'll put a post in the no response forum as requested

#13 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

Hi Manicd,

You've been an active Member for a while now.
It is "possible" that you have filled up your allotted space for uploaded images.

Have a look here for managing your file uploads:
http://forums.whatth...les_t97535.html

Of course, this might not be your issue, but check to make sure.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#14 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

Hi Manicd,

You've been an active Member for a while now.
It is "possible" that you have filled up your allotted space for uploaded images.

Have a look here for managing your file uploads:
http://forums.whatth...les_t97535.html

Of course, this might not be your issue, but check to make sure.

Best Regards

BINGO!! That seems to have done it, nice one Doug; although I am still unable to upload to other places. Also I am unable to view/download the jpg's from the link you gave? Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Attached Files

Edited by manicd, 05 September 2009 - 11:35 AM.

#15 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

Manicd,

Good going!

As to the "uploading" to "other places".... you mean other Forum Sites, or do you mean other places here at WTT.

As to the Images...

*** have a look in your browser Tools - Content - be sure to allow "display images automatically"

Both conditions may relate to corrupted ActiveX in your JAVA Cache Temporary Files.

Open JAVA Control Panel
On the JAVA Control Panel - Select - General(B)
Click on Settings
Click on Delete Files

**** Note: Deleting temporary files from JAVA Control Panel may cause you to have to enter Username and Password on Web Sites where you might previously selected to allow your browser to "remember" or log in automatically.

Next
Go to Control Panel - Add/Remove
Uninstall JAVA

Next
Go to Sun JAVA http://java.sun.com/...loads/index.jsp
Select to download JRE 6 Update 16
Select the "offline" installation
Download "offline installation" files.

Close your Browser and other windows.

Install the fresh JAVA JRE 6 - 16

Try your browser again,
Try uploading to those "other" places.
Inspect to see that you can view "images"

Keep us posted with your progress.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.