This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

computer freezing up every few seconds

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Im not exactly sure what section to post this under, but I think it has something to do with my registry or drives so I chose to post in here. My computer all of a sudden has the problem of freezing every couple seconds where the cursor dissapears and nothing will function. This lasts for a couple of seconds and then is back to working for another few seconds until it happens all over agian. I started to have this problem right after I attempted to change something that was always happening whenever I shut down windows. When I would reboot or turn off my computer I would get a couple of pop up boxes that said I needed to end the program. One of them was the shellconhiddenwindow, which I found out was from musicmatch, and the other one was jusched.exe. I did a google search of this and found out that this should be stopped due to it taking up too much memory. It was related to Java and the way to get rid of it was to disable Java from searching for updates. Once I disabled it there was a warning pop up that I ignored due to the website saying it was ok to do. After this I turned off my computer. When I powered back on the ROM BIOS page appeared after the dell logo and it was up for a few seconds. This never happened before. When I than continued I had this new problem of freezing. I ran Malwarebytes' anti-malware as well as CCcleaner to see if this would fix it and it did not. Can someone please help? I have a Dell dimension 4600 with Windows XP. I almost always run firefox but occasionly run IE.
Let's be absolutely clear about "what you did" in attempt to resolve the problem. From what you describe, all that you would have done is using the MSCONFIG - StartUP(tab) panel – to un-tick (remove the checkmark) from in front of: Jushed.exe mimboot.exe Is the above correct? Did you stop or remove anything else?
I went into control panel and clicked on Java. I then selected the update tab and unchecked the "check for updates automatically" box. I had also previously been attempting to disable extensions in firefox due to having long loading times when changing web pages, but I had been doing this for a little while and had no problems. The freezing problem happens whether I'm online or not. I just find it peculiar that right after I changed the jusched.exe thing, the ROM BIOS page started showing up whenever I power on or reboot, and it never did before. I am definitely computer illiterate so I am not pretending to know what is causing what. I am wanting to do whatever you think is best to diagnosing and fixing this problem. With what I have described, what would be your best guess at what is causing this? Do you think you will be able to fix it? Thanks for taking your time to help me out with this, I am greatly appreciative. I hope to hear from you very soon. The Double 00 Gringo

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI