This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Mal Hifrm

13 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Last Friday I got a message that Trend Micro IS has detected this virus on my computer but was unable to clean or quarantine it. It gave instructions on what to do but since it did not give the complete path to the file I couldn't find it. A friend asked a techie friend of hers and he said it is most likely in my temporary internet file. When I checked that it was empty. How could it be empty when I surf the web every day? Anyway he told me to download ATF Cleaner and use it to delete temporary internet files and all other items listed and then to download Malwarebytes anit-malware and scan my computer to be sure it's gone. I did all that and Malwarebytes found no infections. To be sure I also did a full system scan with Trend and with Spyware Dr. with Antivirus. None of these found any infections other than the usual cookies. Just when I thought it was safe to go back into the water, I find that using the web is becoming slower and slower. Websites that I visit every day now load either painfully slow or not at all. Or a page will load but click on a link and it goes nowhere. Stop and refresh, stop and refresh, stop and refresh….not helping. After googling mal hifrm I found some threads in this forum. Reading through them I can see that the solution I thought I had found was just tooooo easy. I can't even tell you what it took to get to where I am now to make this post. There has to be something wrong here. I'm asking for help but don't even know if I'll be able to get back here to see the results because it is getting progressively worse.

A note about what happened when I got this message. I was looking at a map on mapquest when a popup started to open. I didn't know where it was coming from and thought maybe my finger inadvertantly clicked something even though there were no links or banners in the area where my mouse pointer was. As soon as the popup started to fill in I could tell it was not a mapquest popup so I closed it immediately before it even finished loading. Later that night I got the message from Trend. When I was unable to find the file on my computer, since Trend "helpfully" gave the path as C:/.../i[1].htm, the … of course being the important part, out of curiosity I checked my history to see what that popup was that started to open. It was listed as "127.0.0.1 popup_realtime_virus". Not being a techie, the only part of that that means anything to me is VIRUS!!

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me although I may have to use someone's else's computer to retrieve it or try to get away with it at work. Although I know my way around a computer and the web, I am way, way far from what anyone would consider technically saavy. All that log file stuff and all that I saw on your other threads is Greek to me so I apologize in advance that I will need not only instructions but instructions on following the instructions. :blush: Please have patience with me.

Above is my post from Sunday. The topic was closed and I was asked to follow instructions and post again. I have done my best to follow all the guidelines and instructions. ATF Cleaner went smoothly, Malwarebytes, not so much. I got up to "Perform quick scan". The next step says "When scan is complete, click OK then Show Results to view the results. Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected" My scan did not go exactly like that. I got a message that "no malicious items were detected, click Main Menu." When I clicked OK I got this log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2644
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

8/17/2009 9:05:12 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-17 (21-05-12).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 85349
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 32 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)


I'm seeing a lot of "no malicious items detected there. I'd love to believe that but why did IE stop working over the weekend, after I got this Mal Hifrm on Friday night? I have to admit it seems better tonight as I am posting this.

Well, since that did not go exactly as planned I'm not sure if I should continue with the Hijack This scan but I did. The scan took all of about 5 seconds. Here is the notepad that opened following the scan:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:17:06 PM, on 8/17/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18294)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\zHotkey.exe
C:\Windows\ModPS2Key.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\Samsung\PanelMgr\SSMMgr.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Users\Kelly\AppData\Local\Lexar Media\LxrAutorun.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\LxrSII1s.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\WUDFHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\TFEngine\TFService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://wapp.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir….p;bm=ho_central
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.15642\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] zHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowWnd] ShowWnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ModPS2] ModPS2Key.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UfSeAgnt.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Samsung PanelMgr] C:\Windows\Samsung\PanelMgr\SSMMgr.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LxrAutorun] C:\Users\Kelly\AppData\Local\Lexar Media\LxrAutorun.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.disneyphotopass.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.moziiia.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.turbotax.com
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O18 - Filter: x-sdch - {B1759355-3EEC-4C1E-B0F1-B719FE26E377} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Gateway Games\Gateway Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: GoogleDesktopManager - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intuit Update Service (IntuitUpdateService) - Intuit Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
O23 - Service: Lexar Secure II (LxrSII1s) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\LxrSII1s.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (SfCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: ThreatFire - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\TFEngine\TFService.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service (TMBMServer) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://hilaryduff.com/images/home/picture_mixer_icon.gif

–
End of file - 10458 bytes

That's all I got. Awaiting your reply, and thanking you muchly in advance.
Hi kellsbells,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
    • DDS.scr
    • DDS.pif
  • Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
  • Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and the click UPLOAD.
Thank you Tomk. I appreciate your help. Is one of these DDS tools preferable to the other? The instructions in the link say to reactivate your security "after your system is cleaned or when advised by the helper." Reading through some pinned posts on the forum it sounds like it could take awhile to resolve it with going back and forth, etc. I would not be quite comfortable not having security active all that time considering that I got an infection while running both Trend and Spyware Dr. w/Antivirus. After I follow these instructions and post/attach the results can I reactivate my security then, at least until I get a reply with further instructions?
kellsbells, There is no difference in the DDS tool. They are just "formatted" differently. Either format should work fine for you. If you happened to have AutoCad 2000 or newer installed, the .scr version might not have ran correctly. You don't appear to have AutoCad so it shouldn't be an issue. Go ahead and re-activate your security as soon as you are done running the scan. It's best to be protected before re-connecting to the internet.
Ok here is the DDS: DDS (Ver_09-07-30.01) - NTFSx86 Run by [removed] at 21:28:42.92 on Mon 08/24/2009 Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2942.2114 [GMT -4:00] AV: Trend Micro Internet Security *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {7D2296BC-32CC-4519-917E-52E652474AF5} AV: Norton Internet Security *On-access scanning enabled* (Outdated) {E10A9785-9598-4754-B552-92431C1C35F8} SP: Trend Micro Internet Security *enabled* (Updated) {003DD9A8-02A6-43CF-81BA-5D403CAD001E} SP: Windows Defender *disabled* (Updated) {D68DDC3A-831F-4FAE-9E44-DA132C1ACF46} SP: Norton Internet Security *enabled* (Outdated) {CBB7EE13-8244-4DAB-8B55-D5C7AA91E59A} FW: Norton Internet Security *disabled* {7C21A4C9-F61F-4AC4-B722-A6E19C16F220} ============== Running Processes =============== C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe C:\Windows\zHotkey.exe C:\Windows\ModPS2Key.exe C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\Samsung\PanelMgr\SSMMgr.exe C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe C:\Users\Kelly\AppData\Local\Lexar Media\LxrAutorun.exe C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k hpdevmgmt C:\Windows\system32\LxrSII1s.exe C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12 C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12 C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe C:\Windows\system32\WUDFHost.exe C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe C:\Users\Kelly\Desktop\dds.scr C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe ============== Pseudo HJT Report =============== uDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://www.dellnet.com uStart Page = hxxp://wapp.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir.asp?region=all&bw=dsl&cd=7.0unattached&bm=ho_central uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll BHO: {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - No File BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper: {72853161-30c5-4d22-b7f9-0bbc1d38a37e} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll BHO: SSVHelper Class: {761497bb-d6f0-462c-b6eb-d4daf1d92d43} - c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll BHO: Google Toolbar Helper: {aa58ed58-01dd-4d91-8333-cf10577473f7} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO: {af69de43-7d58-4638-b6fa-ce66b5ad205d} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\5.1.1309.15642\swg.dll BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch: {c84d72fe-e17d-4195-bb24-76c02e2e7c4e} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object: {ca6319c0-31b7-401e-a518-a07c3db8f777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll TB: {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - No File TB: Google Toolbar: {2318c2b1-4965-11d4-9b18-009027a5cd4f} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll uRun: [ehTray.exe] c:\windows\ehome\ehTray.exe uRun: [swg] c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe uRun: [LxrAutorun] c:\users\kelly\appdata\local\lexar media\LxrAutorun.exe uRun: [WMPNSCFG] c:\program files\windows media player\WMPNSCFG.exe mRun: [CHotkey] zHotkey.exe mRun: [ShowWnd] ShowWnd.exe mRun: [ModPS2] ModPS2Key.exe mRun: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe mRun: [GrooveMonitor] "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveMonitor.exe" mRun: [UfSeAgnt.exe] "c:\program files\trend micro\internet security\UfSeAgnt.exe" mRun: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup mRun: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit mRun: [Samsung PanelMgr] c:\windows\samsung\panelmgr\SSMMgr.exe /autorun mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe" mRunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe StartupFolder: c:\users\kelly\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\onenot~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\ONENOTEM.EXE mPolicies-system: EnableLUA = 0 (0x0) mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0) IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000 IE: {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBC} - c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll IE: {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - {48E73304-E1D6-4330-914C-F5F514E3486C} - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office12\ONBttnIE.dll IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office12\REFIEBAR.DLL LSP: c:\program files\common files\pc tools\lsp\PCTLsp.dll Trusted Zone: dilworthlaw.com\webmail Trusted Zone: disneyphotopass.com\www Trusted Zone: go.com\disneyworld.disney Trusted Zone: moziiia.com\www Trusted Zone: turbotax.com DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - hxxp://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab Filter: x-sdch - {B1759355-3EEC-4C1E-B0F1-B719FE26E377} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll Handler: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll Handler: x-excid - {9D6CC632-1337-4a33-9214-2DA092E776F4} - c:\windows\downloaded program files\mimectl.dll SEH: Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook: {b5a7f190-dda6-4420-b3ba-52453494e6cd} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll ============= SERVICES / DRIVERS =============== R0 PCTCore;PCTools KDS;c:\windows\system32\drivers\PCTCore.sys [2009-3-30 130936] R0 TfFsMon;TfFsMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfFsMon.sys [2009-3-30 51488] R0 TfSysMon;TfSysMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfSysMon.sys [2009-3-30 39200] R1 pctgntdi;pctgntdi;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctgntdi.sys [2009-3-30 159600] R1 tmlwf;Trend Micro NDIS 6.0 Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmlwf.sys [2007-12-16 141840] R2 LxrSII1d;Secure II Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\LxrSII1d.sys [2009-3-11 72672] R2 SSPORT;SSPORT;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SSPORT.SYS [2009-2-15 5120] R2 tmpreflt;tmpreflt;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmpreflt.sys [2009-7-15 36368] R2 tmwfp;Trend Micro WFP Callout Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmwfp.sys [2007-12-16 234512] S2 IntuitUpdateService;Intuit Update Service;c:\program files\common files\intuit\update service\IntuitUpdateService.exe [2008-10-10 13088] S2 tmevtmgr;tmevtmgr;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmevtmgr.sys [2008-3-15 52624] S3 NETw2v32;Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection Driver for Windows Vista;c:\windows\system32\drivers\NETw2v32.sys [2006-11-2 2589184] S3 pctplsg;pctplsg;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctplsg.sys [2009-3-30 64392] S3 sdAuxService;PC Tools Auxiliary Service;c:\program files\spyware doctor\pctsAuxs.exe [2008-2-18 348752] S3 TfNetMon;TfNetMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfNetMon.sys [2009-3-30 33056] S3 ThreatFire;ThreatFire;c:\program files\spyware doctor\tfengine\tfservice.exe service –> c:\program files\spyware doctor\tfengine\TFService.exe service [?] S3 TmPfw;Trend Micro Personal Firewall;c:\progra~1\trendm~1\intern~1\TmPfw.exe [2008-3-15 488768] S3 tmproxy;Trend Micro Proxy Service;c:\program files\trend micro\internet security\TmProxy.exe [2008-3-15 648456] =============== Created Last 30 ================ 2009-08-15 02:20 –d—– c:\users\kelly\appdata\roaming\Malwarebytes 2009-08-15 02:20 38,160 a——- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys 2009-08-15 02:20 19,096 a——- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys 2009-08-15 02:20 –d—– c:\programdata\Malwarebytes 2009-08-15 02:20 –d—– c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 2009-08-15 02:20 –d—– c:\progra~2\Malwarebytes 2009-08-12 17:36 499,712 a——- c:\windows\system32\kerberos.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 213,504 a——- c:\windows\system32\msv1_0.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 175,104 a——- c:\windows\system32\wdigest.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 1,256,448 a——- c:\windows\system32\lsasrv.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 270,848 a——- c:\windows\system32\schannel.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 439,896 a——- c:\windows\system32\drivers\ksecdd.sys 2009-08-12 17:36 72,704 a——- c:\windows\system32\secur32.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 9,728 a——- c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe 2009-08-12 17:33 71,680 a——- c:\windows\system32\atl.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 160,256 a——- c:\windows\system32\wkssvc.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 2,066,432 a——- c:\windows\system32\mstscax.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 91,136 a——- c:\windows\system32\avifil32.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 313,344 a——- c:\windows\system32\wmpdxm.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 7,680 a——- c:\windows\system32\spwmp.dll 2009-08-12 17:32 4,096 a——- c:\windows\system32\dxmasf.dll 2009-08-12 17:32 4,096 a——- c:\windows\system32\msdxm.ocx 2009-08-12 17:32 8,147,456 a——- c:\windows\system32\wmploc.DLL 2009-08-12 17:32 43,520 a——- c:\windows\system32\msdxm.tlb 2009-08-12 17:32 18,432 a——- c:\windows\system32\amcompat.tlb 2009-07-28 19:35 1,383,424 a——- c:\windows\system32\mshtml.tlb ==================== Find3M ==================== 2009-07-18 12:06 827,904 a——- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll 2009-07-18 12:01 78,336 a——- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll 2009-07-18 05:46 26,624 a——- c:\windows\system32\ieUnatt.exe 2009-06-15 11:24 156,672 a——- c:\windows\system32\t2embed.dll 2009-06-15 11:20 72,704 a——- c:\windows\system32\fontsub.dll 2009-06-15 11:20 10,240 a——- c:\windows\system32\dciman32.dll 2009-06-15 08:52 289,792 a——- c:\windows\system32\atmfd.dll 2009-05-30 12:57 143,360 a——- c:\windows\inf\infstrng.dat 2009-05-30 12:57 86,016 a——- c:\windows\inf\infstor.dat 2009-05-30 12:57 51,200 a——- c:\windows\inf\infpub.dat 2009-03-06 20:32 61,224 a——- c:\users\kelly\GoToAssistDownloadHelper.exe 2008-06-11 22:35 665,600 a——- c:\windows\inf\drvindex.dat 2008-03-30 14:34 174 a–sh— c:\program files\desktop.ini 2006-11-02 08:42 287,440 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0409\perfi.dat 2006-11-02 08:42 287,440 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0409\perfh.dat 2006-11-02 08:42 30,674 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0409\perfd.dat 2006-11-02 08:42 30,674 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0409\perfc.dat 2006-11-02 05:20 287,440 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0000\perfi.dat 2006-11-02 05:20 287,440 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0000\perfh.dat 2006-11-02 05:20 30,674 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0000\perfd.dat 2006-11-02 05:20 30,674 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0000\perfc.dat 2008-09-17 21:40 16,384 a–sh— c:\windows\serviceprofiles\localservice\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\history\history.ie5\index.dat 2008-09-17 21:40 32,768 a–sh— c:\windows\serviceprofiles\localservice\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\index.dat 2008-09-17 21:40 16,384 a–sh— c:\windows\serviceprofiles\localservice\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\cookies\index.dat ============= FINISH: 21:29:55.77 =============== Here is the attach document. I hope I did this correctly. I do not know how to "zip" so if it has to be "zipped" please tell me how to "zip". I hope this is right. 📎Attach.txt
kellsbells,

You did perfect. :thumbup:

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says "JRE 6 Update 16.
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform: "Windows".
  • Select your Language: "Multi-language".
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u16-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
Now to Clean out the Java cache:

Go into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon. [external image: Posted Image]
  • Under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings… button
  • click the Delete Files button.
  • There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave both Checked
    • Applications and Applets
      Trace and Log Files
  • Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
    Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
  • Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Settings
  • Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.


You have traces of Norton Anti-virus. This can cause false positives.
Use the link below to see how to run the Norton Removal Tool
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen…005033108162039


Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

  • Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  • It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  • When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  • Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
    • Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
      Mail databases
  • Click on My Computer under Scan.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
  • You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As….
  • Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
  • Please post this log in your next reply.
Yeesh! I have knots in my stomach just thinking about doing this kind of stuff with my computer. I will do all this when I get home tonight. Do I have to disable my security again? For this whole process or just the scanning? (P.S. Norton is like an infection itself. You can't get rid of that sucker! It's evil I tell ya, EVIL!!) :pullhair:
kellsbells,

I have knots in my stomach just thinking about doing this kind of stuff with my computer.

Don't stress about running these tools. I'll walk you through whatever you don't understand. just take things one step at a time.
Well okie dokie then! Here is my report. I'm no expert, but I'm thinking this sounds good! ——————————————————————————– KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0: scan report Tuesday, August 25, 2009 Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit Service Pack 1 (build 6001) Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13 Last database update: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 00:47:46 Records in database: 2687967 ——————————————————————————– Scan settings: scan using the following database: extended Scan archives: yes Scan e-mail databases: yes Scan area - My Computer: C:\ D:\ E:\ F:\ G:\ H:\ I:\ Scan statistics: Objects scanned: 174985 Threats found: 0 Infected objects found: 0 Suspicious objects found: 0 Scan duration: 02:08:48 No threats found. Scanned area is clean. Selected area has been scanned. I should note that I did run the Norton removal tool (which, btw, I've done before :wall: ) and turn off all security while running the scan.
kellsbells,

I'm thinking this sounds good!

You are correct. :thumbup:

Please run DDS again and post me both logs. I want to make sure that you have ripped Evil Norton's heart out this time. :angry:
Ok Tomk…….here goes nothin'! DDS: DDS (Ver_09-07-30.01) - NTFSx86 Run by [removed] at 17:54:22.96 on Wed 08/26/2009 Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2942.2113 [GMT -4:00] AV: Trend Micro Internet Security *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {7D2296BC-32CC-4519-917E-52E652474AF5} SP: Trend Micro Internet Security *enabled* (Updated) {003DD9A8-02A6-43CF-81BA-5D403CAD001E} SP: Windows Defender *disabled* (Updated) {D68DDC3A-831F-4FAE-9E44-DA132C1ACF46} ============== Running Processes =============== C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe C:\Windows\zHotkey.exe C:\Windows\ModPS2Key.exe C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\Samsung\PanelMgr\SSMMgr.exe C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe C:\Users\Kelly\AppData\Local\Lexar Media\LxrAutorun.exe C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k hpdevmgmt C:\Windows\system32\LxrSII1s.exe C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12 C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12 C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe C:\Users\Kelly\Desktop\dds.pif C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe ============== Pseudo HJT Report =============== uDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://www.dellnet.com uStart Page = hxxp://wapp.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir.asp?region=all&bw;=dsl&cd;=7.0unattached&bm;=ho_central uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper: {72853161-30c5-4d22-b7f9-0bbc1d38a37e} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll BHO: Google Toolbar Helper: {aa58ed58-01dd-4d91-8333-cf10577473f7} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO: {af69de43-7d58-4638-b6fa-ce66b5ad205d} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\5.1.1309.15642\swg.dll BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch: {c84d72fe-e17d-4195-bb24-76c02e2e7c4e} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object: {ca6319c0-31b7-401e-a518-a07c3db8f777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll TB: Google Toolbar: {2318c2b1-4965-11d4-9b18-009027a5cd4f} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll uRun: [ehTray.exe] c:\windows\ehome\ehTray.exe uRun: [swg] c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe uRun: [LxrAutorun] c:\users\kelly\appdata\local\lexar media\LxrAutorun.exe uRun: [WMPNSCFG] c:\program files\windows media player\WMPNSCFG.exe uRun: [OE] "c:\program files\trend micro\internet security\tmas_oe\TMAS_OEMon.exe" mRun: [CHotkey] zHotkey.exe mRun: [ShowWnd] ShowWnd.exe mRun: [ModPS2] ModPS2Key.exe mRun: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe mRun: [GrooveMonitor] "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveMonitor.exe" mRun: [UfSeAgnt.exe] "c:\program files\trend micro\internet security\UfSeAgnt.exe" mRun: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup mRun: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit mRun: [Samsung PanelMgr] c:\windows\samsung\panelmgr\SSMMgr.exe /autorun mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe" mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe" mRunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe StartupFolder: c:\users\kelly\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\onenot~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\ONENOTEM.EXE mPolicies-system: EnableLUA = 0 (0x0) mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0) IE: E&xport; to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000 IE: {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - {48E73304-E1D6-4330-914C-F5F514E3486C} - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office12\ONBttnIE.dll IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office12\REFIEBAR.DLL LSP: c:\program files\common files\pc tools\lsp\PCTLsp.dll Trusted Zone: dilworthlaw.com\webmail Trusted Zone: disneyphotopass.com\www Trusted Zone: go.com\disneyworld.disney Trusted Zone: moziiia.com\www Trusted Zone: turbotax.com DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_16-windows-i586.cab DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0016-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_16-windows-i586.cab DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_16-windows-i586.cab DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - hxxp://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab Filter: x-sdch - {B1759355-3EEC-4C1E-B0F1-B719FE26E377} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll Handler: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll Handler: x-excid - {9D6CC632-1337-4a33-9214-2DA092E776F4} - c:\windows\downloaded program files\mimectl.dll SEH: Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook: {b5a7f190-dda6-4420-b3ba-52453494e6cd} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll ============= SERVICES / DRIVERS =============== R0 PCTCore;PCTools KDS;c:\windows\system32\drivers\PCTCore.sys [2009-3-30 130936] R0 TfFsMon;TfFsMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfFsMon.sys [2009-3-30 51488] R0 TfSysMon;TfSysMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfSysMon.sys [2009-3-30 39200] R1 pctgntdi;pctgntdi;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctgntdi.sys [2009-3-30 159600] R1 tmlwf;Trend Micro NDIS 6.0 Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmlwf.sys [2007-12-16 141840] R2 LxrSII1d;Secure II Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\LxrSII1d.sys [2009-3-11 72672] R2 SSPORT;SSPORT;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SSPORT.SYS [2009-2-15 5120] R2 tmpreflt;tmpreflt;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmpreflt.sys [2009-7-15 36368] R2 tmwfp;Trend Micro WFP Callout Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmwfp.sys [2007-12-16 234512] S2 IntuitUpdateService;Intuit Update Service;c:\program files\common files\intuit\update service\IntuitUpdateService.exe [2008-10-10 13088] S2 tmevtmgr;tmevtmgr;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmevtmgr.sys [2008-3-15 52624] S3 NETw2v32;Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection Driver for Windows Vista;c:\windows\system32\drivers\NETw2v32.sys [2006-11-2 2589184] S3 pctplsg;pctplsg;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctplsg.sys [2009-3-30 64392] S3 sdAuxService;PC Tools Auxiliary Service;c:\program files\spyware doctor\pctsAuxs.exe [2008-2-18 348752] S3 TfNetMon;TfNetMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfNetMon.sys [2009-3-30 33056] S3 ThreatFire;ThreatFire;c:\program files\spyware doctor\tfengine\tfservice.exe service –> c:\program files\spyware doctor\tfengine\TFService.exe service [?] S3 TmPfw;Trend Micro Personal Firewall;c:\progra~1\trendm~1\intern~1\TmPfw.exe [2008-3-15 488768] S3 tmproxy;Trend Micro Proxy Service;c:\program files\trend micro\internet security\TmProxy.exe [2008-3-15 648456] =============== Created Last 30 ================ 2009-08-25 18:42 –d—– c:\programdata\NortonInstaller 2009-08-25 18:42 –d—– c:\progra~2\NortonInstaller 2009-08-25 18:28 2,048 a——- c:\windows\system32\tzres.dll 2009-08-25 18:09 411,368 a——- c:\windows\system32\deploytk.dll 2009-08-25 17:25 28,672 a——- c:\windows\system32\Apphlpdm.dll 2009-08-25 17:25 4,240,384 a——- c:\windows\system32\GameUXLegacyGDFs.dll 2009-08-15 02:20 –d—– c:\users\kelly\appdata\roaming\Malwarebytes 2009-08-15 02:20 38,160 a——- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys 2009-08-15 02:20 19,096 a——- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys 2009-08-15 02:20 –d—– c:\programdata\Malwarebytes 2009-08-15 02:20 –d—– c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 2009-08-15 02:20 –d—– c:\progra~2\Malwarebytes 2009-08-12 17:36 499,712 a——- c:\windows\system32\kerberos.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 213,504 a——- c:\windows\system32\msv1_0.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 175,104 a——- c:\windows\system32\wdigest.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 1,256,448 a——- c:\windows\system32\lsasrv.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 270,848 a——- c:\windows\system32\schannel.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 439,896 a——- c:\windows\system32\drivers\ksecdd.sys 2009-08-12 17:36 72,704 a——- c:\windows\system32\secur32.dll 2009-08-12 17:36 9,728 a——- c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe 2009-08-12 17:33 71,680 a——- c:\windows\system32\atl.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 160,256 a——- c:\windows\system32\wkssvc.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 2,066,432 a——- c:\windows\system32\mstscax.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 91,136 a——- c:\windows\system32\avifil32.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 313,344 a——- c:\windows\system32\wmpdxm.dll 2009-08-12 17:33 7,680 a——- c:\windows\system32\spwmp.dll 2009-08-12 17:32 4,096 a——- c:\windows\system32\dxmasf.dll 2009-08-12 17:32 4,096 a——- c:\windows\system32\msdxm.ocx 2009-08-12 17:32 8,147,456 a——- c:\windows\system32\wmploc.DLL 2009-08-12 17:32 43,520 a——- c:\windows\system32\msdxm.tlb 2009-08-12 17:32 18,432 a——- c:\windows\system32\amcompat.tlb 2009-07-28 19:35 1,383,424 a——- c:\windows\system32\mshtml.tlb ==================== Find3M ==================== 2009-07-18 12:06 827,904 a——- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll 2009-07-18 12:01 78,336 a——- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll 2009-07-18 05:46 26,624 a——- c:\windows\system32\ieUnatt.exe 2009-06-15 11:24 156,672 a——- c:\windows\system32\t2embed.dll 2009-06-15 11:20 72,704 a——- c:\windows\system32\fontsub.dll 2009-06-15 11:20 10,240 a——- c:\windows\system32\dciman32.dll 2009-06-15 08:52 289,792 a——- c:\windows\system32\atmfd.dll 2009-06-05 08:34 173,056 a——- c:\windows\apppatch\AcXtrnal.dll 2009-06-05 08:33 459,776 a——- c:\windows\apppatch\AcSpecfc.dll 2009-06-05 08:33 541,696 a——- c:\windows\apppatch\AcLayers.dll 2009-06-05 08:33 2,153,984 a——- c:\windows\apppatch\AcGenral.dll 2009-05-30 12:57 143,360 a——- c:\windows\inf\infstrng.dat 2009-05-30 12:57 86,016 a——- c:\windows\inf\infstor.dat 2009-05-30 12:57 51,200 a——- c:\windows\inf\infpub.dat 2009-03-06 20:32 61,224 a——- c:\users\kelly\GoToAssistDownloadHelper.exe 2008-06-11 22:35 665,600 a——- c:\windows\inf\drvindex.dat 2008-03-30 14:34 174 a–sh— c:\program files\desktop.ini 2006-11-02 08:42 287,440 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0409\perfi.dat 2006-11-02 08:42 287,440 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0409\perfh.dat 2006-11-02 08:42 30,674 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0409\perfd.dat 2006-11-02 08:42 30,674 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0409\perfc.dat 2006-11-02 05:20 287,440 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0000\perfi.dat 2006-11-02 05:20 287,440 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0000\perfh.dat 2006-11-02 05:20 30,674 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0000\perfd.dat 2006-11-02 05:20 30,674 a——- c:\windows\inf\perflib\0000\perfc.dat 2008-09-17 21:40 16,384 a–sh— c:\windows\serviceprofiles\localservice\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\history\history.ie5\index.dat 2008-09-17 21:40 32,768 a–sh— c:\windows\serviceprofiles\localservice\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\content.ie5\index.dat 2008-09-17 21:40 16,384 a–sh— c:\windows\serviceprofiles\localservice\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\cookies\index.dat ============= FINISH: 17:55:30.38 =============== Attach: 📎Attach.txt Waddaya think? :unsure:
kellsbells, I think that if things are working well for you, we will do a little housekeeping and let you get on with your life. So… Waddaya think? :popcorn:
kellsbells,

This isn't very tough.

Log looks good :D


You need to create a new Clean restore point:

  • Download SysRestorePoint to your desktop and unzip it to it's own folder.
  • Double click SysRestorePoint.exe so that we can make a new system restore point.
  • A box will pop up after it has made a new point, usually after a few seconds. Close that window and exit the program.
Remove all previous Restore Points
Click Start Menu > Run > copy and paste

cleanmgr

You may be asked to choose drive. Choose C: At top, click on More Options tab. Click Clean up… button in the System Restore box. Click on Yes button. When finished, click on Cancel button to exit.

Now to remove most of the tools that we have used in fixing your machine:
  • Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
  • Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • A list of tool components used in the cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OTC to reach the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to begin the cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

I believe you will still have the DDS icon on your desktop. You can either drag it to your recycle bin, or right click and select delete.


The following is my standard advice for the future. Use what you can and pat yourself on the back for what you're already doing.

Please take time to read Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing. Very important information for your consideration is contained therein.

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein


Also: "How to prevent malware"
by miekiemoes

Please respond back that you understand the above and let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, this thread will be closed Resolved. :thumbup:
Tomk, Please bear with me while I take this one step at a time and will probably not get through it tonight as it's already past my bedtime. Needless to say I'm already stuck on step 1. :blush: What does "unzip it to it's own folder" mean? I don't know anything about zipping and unzipping. I thought if I double clicked it there would be a button or something that said "unzip". But noooooooooo! There is "extract all". Is that the same thing?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI