Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

"Do you want to navigate away from this page"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 devoteddexter

devoteddexter

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:14 AM

On a particular site, piratebay.org, and a few other sites every now and then i receive the message " are you sure you want to navigate away from this page" message. If i click OK assuming that it will take me to the location i had jsut clicked, it takes me to some nonsense site (different everytime) advertising something or another, and it has a lock in that when i click back it will not let me go back to the previous page and just reloads the current again and again. I understand seeing this message is good most of the time, as it warns you before engaging in something potentially malicious, but i am getting sick of this, being redirected all the time, and sometime my computer even freezing with the prompted box going in and out of "focus" Please help, i am getting unbelievably agitated. Let me know if you need any logfiles, or other information.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:01 PM

excerpted from Terms of use:
# The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.
# We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

Navigating to and participating at the particular website, and similar is "The quickest way to get to somewhere you didn't want to go!"

Not only do similar sites promote distribution of copyright materials that should be protected, but they are also a high-risk vector for potentially damaging files that could infect your machine.

But they do remain popular for some users, perhaps for those who believe they are "getting something for nothing".

For those of that persuasion, I will state: "Cheap is not always inexpensive."

We will not assist you in getting better at using these type of sites.

Best Regards,

Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 devoteddexter

devoteddexter

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

Don't be presumptuous by implying i am USING the site. It is my computer that is having the issues, rather than it's compatibility with a particular illegal site. I use a site as an example. If your team feels they should be arbitrarily unresponsive because of a poorly designated example, i believe your are lacking a certain integrity with regards to helping other less computer-literate users with potentially hardware crippling problems. It is ironically unethical to localize a bad example as the primary reason of refusing treatment. This is shameful, and i expected more effort and righteousness from this site. My poor ability to navigate the web, should not strip my privilege of assistance. My computer has issues, and you guys are being ignorant of that assuming all of my web-based directions are intentional, and very conscious, while the main reason i'm on here, is due to my lack of expertise. This is saddening, disheartening, and makes me feel as though the technological partition between green-horns and techies is only widening, making an investment into learning the system exponentially less welcoming. I assume now that i use a different example, i will still be ignored, but i will give it a shot anyways. On my facebook it does this. On my hotmail it does this. On mostly every blog it does this. While searching THIS SITE it does this. Standby while my computer enters into internal oblivion. Thanks for the help. Good thing we have shrewd people like you running these troubleshooting forums.

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

devoteddexter,

I do appreciate that having a browser redirected away from your intended target is unsettling.

You have recently taken a good step to start sorting this out, by posting into our Malware Removal Forum.

Unfortunately, the process takes a while as our experts work through the list of logs waiting for assistance.

Please be patient. as per this post in one of your Threads:
http://forums.whatth...=...st&p=585154

I'd recommend that you start a fresh Topic in the Malware Removal Forum "or" ask for a prior Topic to be re-opened.
Your choice, one, but not both.

Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.