Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Emails with video links

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

Ron, You are known to be a careful and conscientious computer user and Internet citizen. I did not mean to besmearch your reputation in my general comments above. It can happen to the most careful of us. Be well, my friend. Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

Hi Ron

Well, not going to insist, but rather give a firm advice to go visit the malware guys.

I quote:

I would like to seek help regarding a virus that i saw from my friend's pc, so heres the story. He formatted the said pc and installed drivers needed for it and copy pasted some programs from a flash drive. and then suddenly when he started to restart the pc a window appeared with a title "Data Execution Prevention" pointing to Windows Explorer, then a send error report pops out, and after this the internet becomes slow until it stops totally. We tried pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and we saw a "Project1" in the applications tab being turned off and turned on, this project1 has an icon of a red devil smiley with 2 horns on its head. I was going to install a HJT on his pc tomorrow but i figured maybe i could get some help here before i do that. so if anyone is willing to help we'll be most certainly be glad because we really can't fix this problem

Cut from here: http://www.bleepingc...opic186747.html

That devil smiley thing with horns, sounds a lot like your desktop looks ;)

Besides, what you got to loose by having a checkup? On the contrary, you can win peace of mind and re-assurance, perhaps a clean machine too. I have always hated the idea, the couple of times I have experienced being infected, that someone out there eavesdropped on what I was doing. It was like having a burglar in the house, stealing everything right under my nose. :smack:

But as Doug said, your machine, your choice ;)

Cheers Ron :popcorn:

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#18 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

Doug & Abydos;....

Doug:..

I did not mean to besmearch your reputation in my general comments above.

You did NOT!!!...Everythings cool...My comments were JUST to enlighten you....

Doug & Abydos;...

Well, not going to insist, but rather give a firm advice to go visit the malware guys.

Wellll, thats 2 for 2....So I'll see ya in the Malware thread....THANK you BOTH....