snowbug
Topic Starter
Hi all,
In a nutshell I was having trouble getting PC to boot and when I finally got it working Avast found the following. Will just deleting them with Avast be enough? From what I've read online the sdra64.exe needs a special fix, but I don't feel comfortable enough to attempt it on my own. I'll give more details below in case they're needed.
Thanks so much,
Connie
7/19/2009 11:14:28 AM 204 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sdra64.exe" file.
7/19/2009 11:14:30 AM 204 Sign of "" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sdra64.exe||AntiRootkit [FILE]||Wi?????????????????????
(these could not be repaired or moved to chest)
7/19/2009 11:21:03 AM 204 Sign of "Win32:Agent-AFVQ [Drp]" has been found in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\16166094\16166094.glu" file.
7/19/2009 1:07:01 PM 204 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\762.tmp" file.
(I was able to move these to the chest)
More details:
Not too experienced with computers so please be patient with me and forgive me if I babble too much =)
Working on hubby's desktop Dell Dimension 2400. It wouldn't boot up, kept looping between the the Dell page and Window's page. Stumbled upon a diagnostics test through F12 which indicated memory failure. A friend told me that meant the RAM was bad, but a new stick didn't help. I then used the WinXP reinstallation cd to repair and was able to boot without loosing everything. It's now booting up, though a bit slow and after the desktop comes up documents opens by itself. I had AVG8 Free on it, but it wouldn't work when I tried to do a scan so I uninstalled it and tried Avast instead. The only other problem I've found so far is that the printer isn't being recognized. I think that's it.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:59:34 PM, on 7/19/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\2Wire\2PortalMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Browser Mouse\mouse32a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\a-squared free\a2service.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://search.winzy.com/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:8080
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdra64.exe,
O2 - BHO: Winzy Assistant - {039AF219-4B6F-4AC6-8763-7BF5BBD481B3} - C:\Program Files\Winzy\Winzy IE Toolbar\winzyietoolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: RoboForm - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Winzy Toolbar - {5B327C15-C1B7-4d1f-A5B7-A2F5FFDF2881} - C:\Program Files\Winzy\Winzy IE Toolbar\winzyietoolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2wSysTray] C:\Program Files\2Wire\2PortalMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FLMOFFICE4DMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Browser Mouse\mouse32a.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [Ibs] C:\WINDOWS\ibs.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: Customize Menu - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Fill Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: RoboForm Toolbar - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Save Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.pogo.com
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsc…81/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1123047219296
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {88D758A3-D33B-45FD-91E3-67749B4057FA} - http://dm.screensavers.com/dm/installers/si/1/sinstaller.cab
O16 - DPF: {9732FB42-C321-11D1-836F-00A0C993F125} (mhLabel Class) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/mhLbl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9AA73F41-EC64-489E-9A73-9CD52E528BC4} (ZoneAxRcMgr Class) - http://zone.msn.com/binGame/ZAxRcMgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D719897A-B07A-4C0C-AEA9-9B663A28DFCB} (iTunesDetector Class) - http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d…/ITDetector.cab
O16 - DPF: {E5D419D6-A846-4514-9FAD-97E826C84822} (HeartbeatCtl Class) - http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/heartbeat.cab
O16 - DPF: {FFB3A759-98B1-446F-BDA9-909C6EB18CC7} (PCPitstop Exam) - http://utilities.pcpitstop.com/da2/PCPitStop2.cab
O21 - SSODL: AnarkClient - {0DC8E5B1-25B9-2BDD-79A8-013D6FBC16C8} - C:\Program Files\Anark\Client.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: a-squared Free Service (a2free) - Emsi Software GmbH - c:\program files\a-squared free\a2service.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - C:\WINDOWS\cloudeight\active-christmas-home\active-christmas-home.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - http://c.microsoft.com/trans_pixel.asp?sou…&TYPE=' + tt + '&p=MNPGenerator&URI=%2fMNPGenerator%2fdefault.aspx%3fr%3dgn%2fen-us_NLN.xml&GUID=1F4FC18C-F71E-47FB-8FC9-612F8EE59C61&lc=en-us
–
End of file - 7286 bytes
Thanks again!
In a nutshell I was having trouble getting PC to boot and when I finally got it working Avast found the following. Will just deleting them with Avast be enough? From what I've read online the sdra64.exe needs a special fix, but I don't feel comfortable enough to attempt it on my own. I'll give more details below in case they're needed.
Thanks so much,
Connie
7/19/2009 11:14:28 AM 204 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sdra64.exe" file.
7/19/2009 11:14:30 AM 204 Sign of "" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sdra64.exe||AntiRootkit [FILE]||Wi?????????????????????
(these could not be repaired or moved to chest)
7/19/2009 11:21:03 AM 204 Sign of "Win32:Agent-AFVQ [Drp]" has been found in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\16166094\16166094.glu" file.
7/19/2009 1:07:01 PM 204 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\762.tmp" file.
(I was able to move these to the chest)
More details:
Not too experienced with computers so please be patient with me and forgive me if I babble too much =)
Working on hubby's desktop Dell Dimension 2400. It wouldn't boot up, kept looping between the the Dell page and Window's page. Stumbled upon a diagnostics test through F12 which indicated memory failure. A friend told me that meant the RAM was bad, but a new stick didn't help. I then used the WinXP reinstallation cd to repair and was able to boot without loosing everything. It's now booting up, though a bit slow and after the desktop comes up documents opens by itself. I had AVG8 Free on it, but it wouldn't work when I tried to do a scan so I uninstalled it and tried Avast instead. The only other problem I've found so far is that the printer isn't being recognized. I think that's it.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:59:34 PM, on 7/19/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\2Wire\2PortalMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Browser Mouse\mouse32a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\a-squared free\a2service.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://search.winzy.com/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:8080
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdra64.exe,
O2 - BHO: Winzy Assistant - {039AF219-4B6F-4AC6-8763-7BF5BBD481B3} - C:\Program Files\Winzy\Winzy IE Toolbar\winzyietoolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: RoboForm - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Winzy Toolbar - {5B327C15-C1B7-4d1f-A5B7-A2F5FFDF2881} - C:\Program Files\Winzy\Winzy IE Toolbar\winzyietoolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2wSysTray] C:\Program Files\2Wire\2PortalMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FLMOFFICE4DMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Browser Mouse\mouse32a.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [Ibs] C:\WINDOWS\ibs.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: Customize Menu - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Fill Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: RoboForm Toolbar - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Save Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.pogo.com
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsc…81/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1123047219296
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {88D758A3-D33B-45FD-91E3-67749B4057FA} - http://dm.screensavers.com/dm/installers/si/1/sinstaller.cab
O16 - DPF: {9732FB42-C321-11D1-836F-00A0C993F125} (mhLabel Class) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/mhLbl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9AA73F41-EC64-489E-9A73-9CD52E528BC4} (ZoneAxRcMgr Class) - http://zone.msn.com/binGame/ZAxRcMgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D719897A-B07A-4C0C-AEA9-9B663A28DFCB} (iTunesDetector Class) - http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d…/ITDetector.cab
O16 - DPF: {E5D419D6-A846-4514-9FAD-97E826C84822} (HeartbeatCtl Class) - http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/heartbeat.cab
O16 - DPF: {FFB3A759-98B1-446F-BDA9-909C6EB18CC7} (PCPitstop Exam) - http://utilities.pcpitstop.com/da2/PCPitStop2.cab
O21 - SSODL: AnarkClient - {0DC8E5B1-25B9-2BDD-79A8-013D6FBC16C8} - C:\Program Files\Anark\Client.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: a-squared Free Service (a2free) - Emsi Software GmbH - c:\program files\a-squared free\a2service.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - C:\WINDOWS\cloudeight\active-christmas-home\active-christmas-home.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - http://c.microsoft.com/trans_pixel.asp?sou…&TYPE=' + tt + '&p=MNPGenerator&URI=%2fMNPGenerator%2fdefault.aspx%3fr%3dgn%2fen-us_NLN.xml&GUID=1F4FC18C-F71E-47FB-8FC9-612F8EE59C61&lc=en-us
–
End of file - 7286 bytes
Thanks again!