This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Homepage Default

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

My homepage default somehow got changed to res://qgcfe.dll/index.html#96676 and I cannot get it cleared out back to msn homepage. Appreciate your advising me what to do for this is the first time this has happened. I have ran a virus scan and I have no virus. Thanks.
Greetings and welcome to TomCoyote.com!

 
May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM. - Coyote


You are infected with a browser hijack.

Please create a folder for Hijack This! (suggest "C:\HJT\") an download it (use the link in my signature) into that folder.

Click "Scan".

DO NOT "FIX ANYTHIGN WITH IT YET!!!!
FIXING THE WRONG THING CAN RENDER YOUR MACHINE INOPERABLE!!!


Click "Save log".

Post the ENTIRE contents of the log file in this thread, and someone will check it for you and suggest things to help you get your system back to normal. :)