Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Blank Web Page

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 JackieDawn

JackieDawn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

Hi, Thanks for getting back with me. When I tried to reinstall Internet Explorer 6 w/ SP1 by downloading it from the link you provided a box popped up that said: "Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system. Setup cannot continue"

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, I figured as much...

Please download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and install it.

Find the program on your start menu and run it.

Locate any Internet Explorer entries and remove them.

Now, try to reinstall IE6 w/ SP1 from the installation file you downloaded.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#33 JackieDawn

JackieDawn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

when I ran the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility this is what popped up: Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script "C:\Docume~1\ONLINE~\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000. TMP\StartMsi.vbs".

#34 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

Hi Jackie.. The problems just never end here. I'm really at my wits end on chasing down one problem after another. Your system has been hosed by whatever happened with your virus removal thread. I'm really not willing to keep chasing one problem after another here. We need to investigate alternative solutions. Did we determine that you do not have the windows XP installation media that goes with your computer? What make and model of computer do you have?

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.

#35 JackieDawn

JackieDawn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

I do not have the windows XP installation media that goes with my computer. My computer was built for me and when I Right click on computer and then properties this is what it shows: System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 Computer: Intel ® Pentium ® 4 CPU 3.20GHz 3.19 Ghz, 1.00 GB of RAM I am so sorry for the problems. I will understand if you are no longer able to help me.

#36 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

I'm just getting quite frustrated with trying to troubleshoot the issues. It seems to be one little issue after another. A repair install would probably take care of all this trouble and you would be on your way. But, that requires a windows XP professional installation disc. I will resolve this most recent error message you ran into and try one other thing that is on my mind, but if this doesn't get us moving forward I'm not going to be able to do anything without you having the necessary tools. Is there any way you contact who built the computer for you to get the disc? Even then I would question if it is a legit copy or not. Its such a shame in these circumstances. You never know when you might require that disc and product key to reinstall your operating system. The problem is, if a "friend" built the computer for you they probably did a real friendly thing and gave you a bootlegged or pirated version of Windows XP Professional. Ultimately it does you no good because you are stuck up you know what creek without a paddle and your only option is to purchase a legit operating system. On the other hand, if you did purchase Windows XP Pro for your computer the person who set it up should've provided the media and certificate of authenticity to you. In any case, you cannot live without installation media for your computer and eventually you are going to need it, even if it isn't now.