Ok so far so good today, the PC has been running most of the day and used a fair bit, so far there have been no more `freezes` it is running smoother and faster and the cursor/mouse works ok.
Then later tonight this happened, this happened while the PC was booted up but not being used at that time.
Windows shut down to prevent damage.
Bad-Pool-header
Technical info
***stop: OX0000019 (OX00000020, OXFE41458, OXFE414D48, OX1BO60005)
Beginning of dump physical memory………………..Dupm complete.
On rebooting…..
Secondry hard disc 0 not found
Strike F1 to continue F2 to set up
I pressed F1 and booted ok
Error signature
BCCcode19 BCP100000029 BCP2:FE41458 BCP:FE414D48 BCP4:IB60005 OSVER:5_1 SP2.0 Product 256-1
event/application/minidump logs attached.
Added 15-June
PC has been on most of the day although not used much but as yet not crashed and the mouse hasn`t froze, I still get the `press F1 to boot` message though.
Scudo
Ok… Again, I am not seeing a whole lot in the event logs to signal any performance or other issues.
I do notice again, that the computer appears to be restarting a lot. On the 13th, it was rebooted 4 times between 4AM and 6AM.
I looked at the information you provided about your two blue screens. I'm a little confused because your last two posts are fairly similiar.. I almost thought you duplicated your post by mistake. But, both blue screens are different. They are both related to networking though. One in particular is specifically related to a wireless adapter. Do you have a wireless adapter hooked up to your computer? I also see several warnings in your event logs related to DHCP failures, but I see these so much in just about every log that I usually ignore them. It could be related though.
Does the computer connect to the internet wirelessly.
With the extra memory, your computer should run significantly better. Other than the two blue screens, have you resolved the issue with the "freezing" mouse, and is the computer running smoothly?
The rebooting may have been my wife just switching it on & off I have since told her to leave it on during the day. I think the times you gave must be USA as the PC would normally be off at those times, unless she forgot to switch it off.
Yes the PC connects via wireless adaptor that pushes into a socket at the front of the PC.
The PC is running faster and smoother and the mouse has not `froze` since changing to another one.
How come when I boot up the PC does it now ask for press F1 to continue? It never done this before.
Scudo
Ahh, yes.. I forgot to address this.
Is your CD-Rom working? Check that. You were inside your case and it is likely, as I stated previously, that cable that plugs into the back of the CD-ROm/Floppy drive has come loose.
Please tell me what make and model of Wireless adapter you have is, and what its version number is. (Most wireless adapters and routers have a revision/version number along with the model # and require different drivers for each)
EDIT: The times I gave you should be based on the times your computer recorded. Therefore, unless your system clock is wrong, the times I gave you are times specific to your computer and your location. It would be 4AM-6AM your time.
Do you have gremlins that live in your house?
Please do not go back and edit your previous messages and add new information. Please post a new message. I don't receive notification of your edits, and have no idea that you may have added useful information to a previous post.
Event Viewer stores the events in Coordinated Universal Time, and adjusts the times relative to the local time zone when viewing the events. So, you are correct, this problem happened at 4AM-6AM my time. Not yours. Which raises the question. What time zone are you in?
CD rom was not working I checked the cable and reseated it, the PC now picks it up but I get the message `cannot find the specified path` ( error OXC00D 1197) When I take the CD out the icon changes so it must be detecting it now, it did not ask to press F1 to continue when I rebooted.
Edits…point taken will make new posts when required.
Time Zone… UK
Wireless adaptor
MSI Model name UB11B (MS-6823)
(FCC ID: 14L-MS-6823)
Router
D-Link
Air plus Xtreme G
DI-624
Scudo
This is after I have reseated the CD rom cable in the pc.
I put a CD in the Cd drive
I click on `my computer` and click on icon for CD
I press play
it asks for what programme I want
I choose windows media player (I think thats the only one on the PC)
Get message `cannot find specified file`
I click for more information
Error 0xC00D1197 cannot play file
scudo
Before you make this change to the registry, please back it up. An excellent way to do this is to install ERUNT. Let it add an entry to your Start menu during the install process. That will allow ERUNT to backup your registry each time you boot. It only takes a few seconds and has no real impact on boot time. Run ERUNT immediately after installing it to create a full registry backup.
Then if something is deleted that shouldn't have been, simply go to the C:\Windows\erdnt folder and pick the erdnt.exe wanted to restore the registry to it's state when it was backed up. This can even be done from the Recovery Console if needed
Ok.. So you are putting a music CD in the drive?
Can you open Windows Media Player from your start menu? (Start menu -> programs -> Windows Media Player)
ok I opened the media player from the start menu and I managed to get it tp play the music CD, although not quite sure what I did but that has worked.
I will look at the fix from Ztrucker and back up the registry as well.
See if that will fix your blue screens. It definitely appears related to this adapter. I might suggest that if you keep having trouble with this adapter that you upgrade to a newer 802.11g adapter. Your router supports it, and it would give you better signal stability and speed.