This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

I'm Computer Retarded, Help!

20 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello wonderful computer people. I'm experiencing great computer troubles and I don't know what to do. I've never had a problem before. I'm getting tons of pop-ups and browser problems. I also found out last night I have 15 infected files with 4 different kinds of viruses (Free Mcafee Online Scan). So I don't know what's what? I would appreciate any help, because I have no idea what I'm doing. Here's my log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 11:54:37 AM, on 6/13/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RadioSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\HpSrvUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe
C:\Program Files\Common files\updmgr\updmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Altnet\Points Manager\Points Manager.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\CMEII\CMESys.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer\optimize.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer\actalert.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\GMT\GMT.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Altnet\DOWNLO~1\asm.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Sierra Imaging\Image Expert\IXApplet.exe
C:\Program Files\Paltalk\pnetaware.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~2\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\dia23.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.couldnotfind.com/search_page.ht…ccount_id=37517
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.couldnotfind.com/search_page.ht…ccount_id=37517
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4nb.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.couldnotfind.com/search_page.ht…ccount_id=37517
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://srch-us4nb.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1;http://localhost
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = http://www.adelphiapowerpage.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{1C78AB3F-A857-482e-80C0-3A1E5238A565} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000185-C745-43D2-44F1-01A1C789C738} - C:\PROGRA~1\SB\SMART-~1\BHO010~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {000020DD-C72E-4113-AF77-DD56626C6C42} - C:\WINDOWS\twaintec.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - C:\PROGRA~1\PERFEC~1\BHO\PERFEC~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {029CA12C-89C1-46a7-A3C7-82F2F98635CB} - C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4BCF322B-9621-4e90-9678-F1424EB7584E} - C:\WINDOWS\udpmod.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8F4E5661-F99E-4B3E-8D85-0EA71C0748E4} - C:\WINDOWS\wsem218.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F7F808F0-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8} - C:\WINDOWS\nem218.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: My &Search Bar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP TV Now] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TV Now\HpTvNow.exe /RK
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Display Settings] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QT4HPOT] C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Presentation Ready] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Presentation Ready\PresRdy.exe -r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hp Silent Service] C:\Windows\system32\HpSrvUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PreloadApp] c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\hphprld.exe c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\setup.exe -d
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PowerDirector] C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TPDIR\setup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WT GameChannel] C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZingSpooler] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Zing\ZingSpooler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P Networking] C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe /AUTOSTART
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [updmgr] C:\Program Files\Common files\updmgr\updmgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AltnetPointsManager] C:\Program Files\Altnet\Points Manager\Points Manager.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CMESys] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\CMEII\CMESys.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Internet Optimizer] "C:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer\optimize.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [alchem] C:\WINDOWS\alchem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lglyr] C:\WINDOWS\lglyr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WildTangent CDA] RUNDLL32.exe "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll",cdaEngineMain
O4 - Startup: Camio Viewer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sierra Imaging\Image Expert\IXApplet.exe
O4 - Startup: PalNetaware.lnk = C:\Program Files\Paltalk\pnetaware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 8.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: GStartup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\GMT\GMT.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Get It With Kontiki - res://C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll/201
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Pro (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {01111F00-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Installer) - http://supportsoft.adelphia.net/sdccommon/…ad/tgctlins.cab
O16 - DPF: {02BCC737-B171-4746-94C9-0D8A0B2C0089} (Microsoft Office Template and Media Control) - http://office.microsoft.com/templates/ieawsdc.cab
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {02C20140-76F8-4763-83D5-B660107B7A90} (Moniker32 Class) - http://connect.online-dialer.com/cax.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {17D72920-7A15-11D4-921E-0080C8DA7A5E} (AimSp32 Class) - http://makeover.substance.com/save/makeover.cab
O16 - DPF: {1C78AB3F-A857-482E-80C0-3A1E5238A565} - file://C:\install.cab
O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} (Web P2P Installer) -
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {31B7EB4E-8B4B-11D1-A789-00A0CC6651A8} (Cult3D ActiveX Player) - http://www.cult3d.com/download/cult.cab
O16 - DPF: {427273CC-764E-11D3-823D-006097F90453} (Pixami Image Editor Control) - http://www.imagestation.com/common/classes…ab?ver=1,1,0,30
O16 - DPF: {597C45C2-2D39-11D5-8D53-0050048383FE} (OPUCatalog Class) - http://office.microsoft.com/productupdates/content/opuc.cab
O16 - DPF: {5E943D9C-F8DC-4258-8E3F-A61BB3405A33} (ZingBatchAXDwnl Class) - http://www.imagestation.com/common/classes…ion=4,3,2,20802
O16 - DPF: {75565ED2-1560-4F15-B841-20358DE6A0D1} (ImageControl Class) - http://content.ancestry.com/asfiles/files/…ll/MFImgVwr.cab
O16 - DPF: {768D513A-C75B-4FAA-8452-E906CDAB6545} (FVLiteLoad Class) - http://digitalflip.org/fvlite/fvliteY.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…StatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://www.napster.com/client/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7649.6517708333
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {AD7FAFB0-16D6-40C3-AF27-585D6E6453FD} (loader Class) - http://www.cum4me.tv/2/dploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {AE1C01E3-0283-11D3-9B3F-00C04F8EF466} (HeartbeatCtl Class) - http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/heartbeat.cab
O16 - DPF: {B3E0F81F-73F8-470B-A56B-D895EFF19260} (ATLF3D Class) - http://www.famous3d.com/viewer/2.1.0.43/axf3d.cab
O16 - DPF: {C62DFDC7-2EEC-4C2C-827A-BC0BFB4260B3} (IMViewerControl Class) - http://companion.logitech.com/companion/lo…1/bin/imvid.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {D6016EE7-A8FF-11D1-B37E-A4759ECD7909} (AxPulse Class) - http://www.pulse3d.com/players/english/PulsePlayerAxWin.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/…365/mcfscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF86873F-04C2-4A95-A373-5703C08EFC7B} (Installer Class) - http://www.xxxtoolbar.com/ist/softwares/v3.0/0006.cab
O16 - DPF: {F5820AD3-9B20-423E-B2AA-7AF2B4055746} (CRegistryDownload Class) - http://download.paltalk.com/download/0.x/regdload.cab

Thanks so much in advance!
Hello Evoka,

You have a fair amount of Malware/Spyware on your computer. You have the CoolWWWebSearch Variant which needs to be dealt with by using a small program written specifically for this infection.

1. Please Download the most recent version of CoolWebShredder, from CWShredder.exe Download

2. Click on the Zip and then click on CWShredder.exe

3. Check for Updates

4. CLOSE ALL WINDOWS except CWShredder

5. Run the program by clicking 'fix' and letting it fix all CWS remnants.

6. REBOOT to finish the removal and clear memory.

Now there are two antispyware programs that remove a number of infestions
You can download them both at the beginning and run them with a REBOOT between them or download and run them separately:.

1.Download the new version of 'Spybot: Search And Destroy 1.3' from the link at the bottom of this post.

2. Install it according to the instructions in 'How To Setup Spybot SD and Ad-Aware' from the link below.

3. Next, 'Search for Updates' as the definitions will not be up-to-date.

4. Close ALL windows except Spybot SD

5. Click the "Check for Problems" button

6. Click 'Fix Selected Problems' and fix only the RED items.

7. REBOOT to finish removing what it found and clear memory


Now for the second program Ad-Aware:

1. Download 'Ad-Aware' from the link at the bottom of this post.

2. Install according to the instructions at this link "How To Setup Spybot SD and Ad-Aware"

3. Next, 'Check for Updates' by clicking on the 'world globe' second from the right at the top of your Ad-Aware window.

4. Install the updates.

5. Close ALL windows except Ad-Aware

6. Click on 'Start' and choose 'custom scan' for a full scan.

7. Quarantine anything that it finds and SAVE the log file.

8. REBOOT to finish removing what it has found and clear memory.

We now need a new HJT log file to see what is left to clean.

Please SCAN again with HijackThis and POST a New HijackThis log here in this thread using 'Add Reply'.
Hello, thanks for getting back to me with such great help. Before I post my log, I need to explain a few things, I hope that's okay.

First, I d/l'd CWShredder, it got 3 infected files, but one it was unsure of and it said to ask an expert before I do anything else. The file is call windows/ctdrvins So maybe you could tell me if I should re run and get rid of it?

Next, I d/l'd Spybot S&D and Adaware. When running S&D, there was an error at the end, it was only able to fix 98 files, leaving 22 unfixed. These errors popped up: gtools.dll not found, CMEIIAPI.DLL not found, wtKernel0100.DLL not found, wdengine.dll not found, and windows\wt\webdriver.dll not a valid image. They popped up many times each.

So I decided to reboot and run Adaware, it found 307 infected files. The only hitch with that was that my Norton's popped up and said Adaware gave me viruses. Adaware\cache\counter.class , dummy.class, and verifierbug. class. I don't know if that's important or not.

I then rebooted and tried to run S&D again. This time there was still errors, but there was only 13 left unfixed. They had to do with WildTangent, VX2/P, and DyFuCA.Internet Optimizer. Oh, and one popped up alot. WT/Apps/CDA/cdaEngine0400.dll.

I figured at that point, maybe it was the viruses, so I d/l'd AVG's anti virus. I ran that today. It said Infected Files:21 Removed by healing:9 Moved to vault: 11 Virus on Drive: 1 (which is c\windows\sysem32\LTKRN1KN.DLL) can't be removed.

Now when I reboot AVG's resident thingy keeps popping up over and over and a blue screen pops up and automatically reboots me. It did that about 9 times in a row. Somehow I managed to keep clicking the ok button, then quickly turned off the AVG thing.

Now, I'm afraid to reboot, because I won't get online again. I'm sorry if none of this explanation was necessary, but I didn't want to leave anything out, that way if you have any questions, they might already be answered.

I ran Hijackthis a moment ago and here is the result:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 7:28:15 PM, on 6/15/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RadioSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\HpSrvUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe
C:\Program Files\Altnet\Points Manager\Points Manager.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Altnet\DOWNLO~1\asm.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4nb.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://srch-us4nb.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1;http://localhost
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = http://www.adelphiapowerpage.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1C78AB3F-A857-482e-80C0-3A1E5238A565} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {000020DD-C72E-4113-AF77-DD56626C6C42} - C:\WINDOWS\twaintec.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {029CA12C-89C1-46a7-A3C7-82F2F98635CB} - C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4BCF322B-9621-4e90-9678-F1424EB7584E} - C:\WINDOWS\udpmod.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: My &Search Bar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP TV Now] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TV Now\HpTvNow.exe /RK
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Display Settings] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QT4HPOT] C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Presentation Ready] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Presentation Ready\PresRdy.exe -r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hp Silent Service] C:\Windows\system32\HpSrvUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PreloadApp] c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\hphprld.exe c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\setup.exe -d
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PowerDirector] C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TPDIR\setup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZingSpooler] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Zing\ZingSpooler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P Networking] C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe /AUTOSTART
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AltnetPointsManager] C:\Program Files\Altnet\Points Manager\Points Manager.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lglyr] C:\WINDOWS\lglyr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WildTangent CDA] RUNDLL32.exe "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll",cdaEngineMain
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dhstyb] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ztphxuy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [alchem] C:\WINDOWS\alchem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 8.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Get It With Kontiki - res://C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll/201
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Pro (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {01111F00-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Installer) - http://supportsoft.adelphia.net/sdccommon/…ad/tgctlins.cab
O16 - DPF: {02BCC737-B171-4746-94C9-0D8A0B2C0089} (Microsoft Office Template and Media Control) - http://office.microsoft.com/templates/ieawsdc.cab
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {17D72920-7A15-11D4-921E-0080C8DA7A5E} (AimSp32 Class) - http://makeover.substance.com/save/makeover.cab
O16 - DPF: {1C78AB3F-A857-482E-80C0-3A1E5238A565} - file://C:\install.cab
O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} (Web P2P Installer) -
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {31B7EB4E-8B4B-11D1-A789-00A0CC6651A8} (Cult3D ActiveX Player) - http://www.cult3d.com/download/cult.cab
O16 - DPF: {427273CC-764E-11D3-823D-006097F90453} (Pixami Image Editor Control) - http://www.imagestation.com/common/classes…ab?ver=1,1,0,30
O16 - DPF: {597C45C2-2D39-11D5-8D53-0050048383FE} (OPUCatalog Class) - http://office.microsoft.com/productupdates/content/opuc.cab
O16 - DPF: {5E943D9C-F8DC-4258-8E3F-A61BB3405A33} (ZingBatchAXDwnl Class) - http://www.imagestation.com/common/classes…ion=4,3,2,20802
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {75565ED2-1560-4F15-B841-20358DE6A0D1} (ImageControl Class) - http://content.ancestry.com/asfiles/files/…ll/MFImgVwr.cab
O16 - DPF: {768D513A-C75B-4FAA-8452-E906CDAB6545} (FVLiteLoad Class) - http://digitalflip.org/fvlite/fvliteY.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…StatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://www.napster.com/client/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7649.6517708333
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {AD7FAFB0-16D6-40C3-AF27-585D6E6453FD} -
O16 - DPF: {AE1C01E3-0283-11D3-9B3F-00C04F8EF466} (HeartbeatCtl Class) - http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/heartbeat.cab
O16 - DPF: {B3E0F81F-73F8-470B-A56B-D895EFF19260} (ATLF3D Class) - http://www.famous3d.com/viewer/2.1.0.43/axf3d.cab
O16 - DPF: {C62DFDC7-2EEC-4C2C-827A-BC0BFB4260B3} (IMViewerControl Class) - http://companion.logitech.com/companion/lo…1/bin/imvid.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {D6016EE7-A8FF-11D1-B37E-A4759ECD7909} (AxPulse Class) - http://www.pulse3d.com/players/english/PulsePlayerAxWin.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/…365/mcfscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {F5820AD3-9B20-423E-B2AA-7AF2B4055746} (CRegistryDownload Class) - http://download.paltalk.com/download/0.x/regdload.cab

Thanks for taking the time to help me, sorry I'm so much trouble.
~Evoka
Ok Evoka you definitely are not trouble, this is the type of thing that we do, work with very infected computers for people who need our help. You still have a large amount of malware on your system and the errors you received are partly due to the fact that you have two antivirus programs active on your system. I would like you to do the following in order and please don't miss any steps or add any steps.

First of all we need to make sure that all hidden files are showing so please:

* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View Tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.

Now there are still viruses on your system and we need to take care of them first.
1. Please go to Panda AV Scan and do an online virus scan and let it fix all that it finds
2. Next go to Trend Micro AV scan and let it scan and fix all that it finds
3. Go to Trojan Scan and again let it fix all it finds

Once the AV and Trojan scans are completed I am going to get you to remove the programs you have on your system that are adware based. Each one of them is not recommended and considered optional to remove, though they do cause problems, but in your case I think you need to get rid of them, to be cleaned up completely. You can find information about recommended replacements for your programs here

Please go to Start>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs and remove each of the following and then REBOOT your computer.
'mysearchbar' - could be listed as 'My Bar', 'MySearchBar,' or 'My websearch bar'
'altnet points manager'
'viewpoint manager'
and the worst one 'p2pnetworking'

There is a random hijacker on your system that is going to be difficult to remove as you cannot restart or turn off your system between the time you post your HijackThis log and the time we tell you which file to delete, because it changes its name each time you reboot and adds a new file. This we will do after you have completed this group of instructions, probably tomorrow or when it is convenient for you. Follow all of these instructions to get rid of the other bad files that you have and we will be able to work on the random hijacker separately..

Now I would like you to do CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Task Manager and click on 'End Task' for each of the following items: (some of them may be gone from uninstalling them in the previous step)

C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe
C:\Program Files\Altnet\Points Manager\Points Manager.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Altnet\DOWNLO~1\asm.exe


Now I would like you to close ALL windows and Launch HijackThis again.

1. SCAN again with HijackThis (WITH ALL WINDOWS CLOSED EXCEPT HJT)

2. Put a check mark beside each of the following entries in the HJT window
(some may be gone due to uninstalling the programs)

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…rch/search.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1;http://localhost

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - (no file)

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1C78AB3F-A857-482e-80C0-3A1E5238A565} - (no file)


O2 - BHO: (no name) - {000020DD-C72E-4113-AF77-DD56626C6C42} - C:\WINDOWS\twaintec.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4BCF322B-9621-4e90-9678-F1424EB7584E} - C:\WINDOWS\udpmod.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: My &Search Bar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL


O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PowerDirector] C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TPDIR\setup.exe
.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P Networking] C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe /AUTOSTART

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AltnetPointsManager] C:\Program Files\Altnet\Points Manager\Points Manager.exe -s

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lglyr] C:\WINDOWS\lglyr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dhstyb] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ztphxuy.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [alchem] C:\WINDOWS\alchem.exe


O16 - DPF: {01111F00-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Installer) - http://supportsoft.adelphia.net/sdccommon/…ad/tgctlins.cab

O16 - DPF: {17D72920-7A15-11D4-921E-0080C8DA7A5E} (AimSp32 Class) - http://makeover.substance.com/save/makeover.cab

O16 - DPF: {1C78AB3F-A857-482E-80C0-3A1E5238A565} - file://C:\install.cab

O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} (Web P2P Installer) -

O16 - DPF: {427273CC-764E-11D3-823D-006097F90453} (Pixami Image Editor Control) - http://www.imagestation.com/common/classes…ab?ver=1,1,0,30

O16 - DPF: {5E943D9C-F8DC-4258-8E3F-A61BB3405A33} (ZingBatchAXDwnl Class) - http://www.imagestation.com/common/classes…ion=4,3,2,20802

O16 - DPF: {75565ED2-1560-4F15-B841-20358DE6A0D1} (ImageControl Class) - http://content.ancestry.com/asfiles/files/…ll/MFImgVwr.cab

O16 - DPF: {768D513A-C75B-4FAA-8452-E906CDAB6545} (FVLiteLoad Class) - http://digitalflip.org/fvlite/fvliteY.cab

O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://www.napster.com/client/isetup.cab

O16 - DPF: {B3E0F81F-73F8-470B-A56B-D895EFF19260} (ATLF3D Class) - http://www.famous3d.com/viewer/2.1.0.43/axf3d.cab

O16 - DPF: {C62DFDC7-2EEC-4C2C-827A-BC0BFB4260B3} (IMViewerControl Class) - http://companion.logitech.com/companion/lo…1/bin/imvid.cab

O16 - DPF: {D6016EE7-A8FF-11D1-B37E-A4759ECD7909} (AxPulse Class) - http://www.pulse3d.com/players/english/PulsePlayerAxWin.cab

O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/…365/mcfscan.cab

O16 - DPF: {F5820AD3-9B20-423E-B2AA-7AF2B4055746} (CRegistryDownload Class) - http://download.paltalk.com/download/0.x/regdload.cab


Any of the O16's that you delete with this process will be replaced when you return to the website, if they are legit


3. Click 'fix checked'

4. REBOOT to finish removing the entries into SAFE MODE by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up

5. In Safe Mode DELETE the following files (if you can find them):

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TPDIR\setup.exe.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\P2P Networking.exe

C:\Program Files\Altnet\Points Manager\Points Manager.exe

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\lglyr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ztphxuy.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\dhstyb.exe

C:\WINDOWS\alchem.exe



5.Still in Safe Mode DELETE the following folders:


C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TPDIR\

C:\WINDOWS\System32\P2P Networking\

C:\Program Files\Altnet\Points Manager\

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\


6. REBOOT into normal mode

7. please SCAN again with HJT and

8. POST a new log file here in this thread using 'Add Reply' to see what we have left to clean.


I have given you this set of instructions and will follow with another once you post back with the next log file. Your computer is so infected that it could take several more steps to get it completely clean.

Good Luck!
Hi, I just wanted to ask really quickly. I did the panda scan and it got 11/13 and I'm going to do the other scans now. Should I unquarantine the viruses that weren't able to be removed by AVG?
Hi Evoka, The viruses should have been picked up by the online scans and deleted. Each scan goes over a lot of the same files . However if you find they are still on your hard drive after completion of the online scans, then Scan again with AVG and let it delete or quarantinge what it finds. Each AV company has a different name for the same virus so it is possible that they have been picked up under a different name. Hope this helps!
Okay, woo, this is time consuming, but well worth it. First, when I went to remove programs, I could find alnet points manager, but I did find Peer Point, so I got rid of that and it said it was part of the alnet company.

When doing the task manager, I couldn't find any of those .exes. That must be a good thing.

I had some trouble when rebooting, the AVG took over again and kept shutting my operating system down because of that one virus, so I had to remove the program in safe mode. I imagine my what ever was left of my quarantine is now released again. Do you have a free AV prog to recommend? I like AVG, but they can't remove that virus and they just keep rebooting me.

Now, here's the log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 8:11:40 PM, on 6/16/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\HpSrvUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RadioSvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4nb.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://srch-us4nb.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = http://www.adelphiapowerpage.com/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {000020DD-C72E-4113-AF77-DD56626C6C42} - C:\WINDOWS\twaintec.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {029CA12C-89C1-46a7-A3C7-82F2F98635CB} - C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP TV Now] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TV Now\HpTvNow.exe /RK
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Display Settings] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QT4HPOT] C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Presentation Ready] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Presentation Ready\PresRdy.exe -r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hp Silent Service] C:\Windows\system32\HpSrvUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PreloadApp] c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\hphprld.exe c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\setup.exe -d
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZingSpooler] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Zing\ZingSpooler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WildTangent CDA] RUNDLL32.exe "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll",cdaEngineMain
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ctphwzwfd] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ztphxuy.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 8.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Get It With Kontiki - res://C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll/201
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Pro (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {02BCC737-B171-4746-94C9-0D8A0B2C0089} (Microsoft Office Template and Media Control) - http://office.microsoft.com/templates/ieawsdc.cab
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {2A32B14F-4D29-4EA3-AC54-E9B19F436CE7} (Scanner Class) - http://www.trojanscan.com/trojanscan/TDECntrl.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {31B7EB4E-8B4B-11D1-A789-00A0CC6651A8} (Cult3D ActiveX Player) - http://www.cult3d.com/download/cult.cab
O16 - DPF: {597C45C2-2D39-11D5-8D53-0050048383FE} (OPUCatalog Class) - http://office.microsoft.com/productupdates/content/opuc.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…StatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7649.6517708333
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {AD7FAFB0-16D6-40C3-AF27-585D6E6453FD} -
O16 - DPF: {AE1C01E3-0283-11D3-9B3F-00C04F8EF466} (HeartbeatCtl Class) - http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/heartbeat.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab

Oh, and I forgot to mention when I was searching for a file in the Windows\TEMP folder, I saw a folder named Altnet there, it had some files in it, including a PM Zip. Should I go back and delete that folder in safe mode?

Thanks for being so good to me,
Evoka
Hi Evoka,
First to answer your questions. Yes please delete any folder that relates to any of the programs that I asked you to delete or uninstall. AVG will most likely work fine once we get your computer completely clean. Do you know what 'AdelphiaPower' is? I am going to ask you to delete it with HJT but if you have set that page yourself do NOT put a check mark beside it.

Now to work on the random hijacker:

First I would like you to BOOT into SAFE MODE by tapping F8 while booting up.

In SAFE MODE please scan with HijackThis and fix the few that are still left in the log:

.1. In Safe Mode please Scan again with HijackThis (ALL WINDOWS CLOSED EXCEPT HJT)

2. Put a check mark beside each of the following entries in the HJT window

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = http://www.adelphiapowerpage.com/

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {000020DD-C72E-4113-AF77-DD56626C6C42} - C:\WINDOWS\twaintec.dll


O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ctphwzwfd] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ztphxuy.exe <— This is the Random Hijacker that changes names with each Reboot.


O16 - DPF: {AD7FAFB0-16D6-40C3-AF27-585D6E6453FD} -



3. Click 'fix checked'

4. Find and Delete the following file:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ztphxuy.exe


5. REBOOT to finish removing the entries into normal mode


You appear to have a random unknown hijacker that changes names every time you reboot. This type of hijacker is difficult to get rid of as they usually change names on a preset schedule as well. The files that indicates this are:

C:\WINDOWS\lglyr.exe <— from your original log file

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ztphxuy.exe <— from the current log file

As you see there are files in both C:\Windows and C:\Windows32 which you will have to find. They all should have the same properties and dates and possibly size as well. There should be quite a few of them in each folder. I will help you through deleting them. Ro find the properties, highlight the file with your cursor and right-click and select 'properties' form the menu.

You also didn't say if you were successful at deleting the above file? I have to assume that you have rebooted since you posted the last log file so the name of the random hijacker will have morphed into a new name which we must find.

**VERY IMPORTANT: do not restart your system until all steps have been completed**

1. First I would like you to check your Windows folder and your Windows\system32 folder for names like the above. There should be several of them including the above two. Please check the properties of each of them, that should tell you if they are the random files or not. Please also look for a file in Windows\System32\ that is a '$'

2. Now boot into SAFE MODE by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up to the menu where you can choose Safe Mode

3. Scan with HijackThis with ALL other windows closed including your browser

4. Identify in the log file the random file which has replaced

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ztphxuy.exe <– in running processes and/or the O4's section of the log.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ztphxuy] C:\WINDOWS\System32\xxxxx.exe <– in the O4 section of the log (where x is an alphanumeric name of a file)

5. Do Ctrl-Alt-Del to open the Task Manager and END TASK the new file ( ztphxuy.exe will no longer be there)

6. Put a check mark beside the new O4 entry in Hijack This that will look something like this:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xxxxxxxx] C:\WINDOWS\System32\xxxxxxxx.exe <— where x is an alphanumeric name that you have found in the new HJT log file

7. Click 'fix checked'

8. FIND and DELETE the files that you have found when you looked in your Windows directory and your Windows\System32 directory in Safe Mode

9. REBOOT into normal mode to finish.

10. Scan again with HJT and POST a log file here in this thread using 'Add Reply' to make sure that we have got rid of the trojan. Please include the properties of the random files in your post.

It may take a few trials of this to get rid of the files but that is what we are here for. I will try to be online and available after 8pm EST tomorrow to help you through this.

Good Luck!
I'm now getting started, just to answer your questions quickly, Adelphia is my cable internet company, I have no idea what that page is for. I'm not going to mark it for now, until I hear something back from you. And yes, I was able to delete that ztphxuy.exe, it was the only file there to delete out of the list. Oh, and I've only been in standby mode since the last HJT log. I wish I knew if that made a difference, but I'm going to go ahead and do as you instructed. I'll be back later with a log. Thanks!
Hi, I'm back. First I took care of the first HJT in safe mode. Deleted the 3 files, but when I went to delete the ztphxuy.exe, it was not there. But I got rid of the Altnet & Bullguard Folders. Then I racked my brain for the last hour and a half trying to identify some files in Windows and System 32. I wasn't very successful at finding anything. I think I'm still unsure of what I'm looking for. Here's a few things I did find: In System 32, when I viewed by modified date I found two files at the end of the list: LTKRN1KN 6-17-04 2:38pm 16 bytes (DAT file) netmsiij with the same as above. However they have different creation dates LTKRN1KN.dll is the name of the virus AVG cannot remove. Its a Trojan horse BackDoor.Afcore.BM (I kept logs of all my virus scans, if you want to see all the viruses I had/have) I also looks for the $ sign. The only two files I found with $ in them were: $winnt$ 8-18-02 922 bytes (Setup Information) $ncsp$ 5-29-02 33 bytes (Setup Information) In Windows, they are 40 folders that start with $ntUnistall(numbers)$ Also I found two files that said the same in descriptions: LPT$VPN 905 file 6-16-04 1:54pm 8.40mb VPTNFILE " " " " " " " " I can't find any applications that look fishy, I looked at the properties for every single one of them. All had legit descriptions. But then again, I'm not that good with computers. I'm really sorry I'm not making this very easy. I am learning alot though, so thanks for teaching me. I'm printing everything for future reference. In conclusion, I'm not going to reboot or go into safe mode until you write back. If you want to Instant Message, I can do that as well. I have all the major messenger services. I'll sign on at 8pm EST! ~Evoka
sorry Evoka I just got on - real life interferes at times. If you are around then click on the PM at the bottom of my last post and send me a message - I will get it immediately. While you're at it you can post me another HJT log and lets see what it looks like now
HERE IT IS!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 10:59:55 PM, on 6/17/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RadioSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\HpSrvUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4nb.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://srch-us4nb.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = http://www.adelphiapowerpage.com/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {029CA12C-89C1-46a7-A3C7-82F2F98635CB} - C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP TV Now] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TV Now\HpTvNow.exe /RK
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Display Settings] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QT4HPOT] C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Presentation Ready] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Presentation Ready\PresRdy.exe -r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hp Silent Service] C:\Windows\system32\HpSrvUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PreloadApp] c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\hphprld.exe c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\setup.exe -d
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZingSpooler] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Zing\ZingSpooler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WildTangent CDA] RUNDLL32.exe "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll",cdaEngineMain
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 8.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Get It With Kontiki - res://C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll/201
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Pro (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {02BCC737-B171-4746-94C9-0D8A0B2C0089} (Microsoft Office Template and Media Control) - http://office.microsoft.com/templates/ieawsdc.cab
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {2A32B14F-4D29-4EA3-AC54-E9B19F436CE7} (Scanner Class) - http://www.trojanscan.com/trojanscan/TDECntrl.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {31B7EB4E-8B4B-11D1-A789-00A0CC6651A8} (Cult3D ActiveX Player) - http://www.cult3d.com/download/cult.cab
O16 - DPF: {597C45C2-2D39-11D5-8D53-0050048383FE} (OPUCatalog Class) - http://office.microsoft.com/productupdates/content/opuc.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…StatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7649.6517708333
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {AE1C01E3-0283-11D3-9B3F-00C04F8EF466} (HeartbeatCtl Class) - http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/heartbeat.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
It won't let me PM you. The error returned was: You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board ***Edit*** I have no idea if you are writing me right now, or if I was supposed to write back? I'm still here, I refresh every few minutes :)
I'm here now - sorry I forgot until you have posted a certain number of times (think it's 15) you can't use the PM feature - another board restriction
Sorry for the delay getting to you it's been a very busy day. What symptoms are you still having. The random hijacker appears to have been killed in the last step. Your log looks fairly clean. We need to do some housecleaning though.

The folders that look like this: $ntUnistall(numbers)$ Are windows folders and shouldn't be touched. If the properties of the files all look fine - company name, size, date, version, etc then we will leave them alone.

The strange file names which include the AVG file can be deleted possibly in Safe Mode. If you can't get rid of it in Safe Mode there is a small program to download that will kill it.

Since it refuses to delete you can try this tool. Download it from:Download 'KillBox':
http://download.broadbandmedic.com/
run it.

Just copy and paste c:\Windows\system32\LTKRN1KN.dll into the box in killbox and hit kill file. REBOOT
Then do the same with netmsiij . If there are any others you are questioning, post them back here with the properties and I will tell you whether to delete them or not.

Then use windows explorer to navigate to C:\Windows\System32\ and delete the file LTKRN1KN.dll

REBOOT to make sure they are gone.

We should clear out your Temporary Internet Files, Temp files and cookies. Open the Control Panel from Start>Control Panel> Internet Options. On the main screen you will see "Delete Cookies", "Delete Files" and "Clear History". Click each of those buttons and close the window. Then go to Windows\Temp\ and delete everything in that folder.

Now you should clean out System Restore because other programs are unable to clean any files in the backups. All Restore Points will be lost when you do this but they are probably infected anyway.

1. Turn off System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

2. Reboot.

3. Turn ON System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Scan with HijackThis again and Post it in this thread using "add reply" and we'll see what is left to get rid of. Please include your computer's behavior with the log.

I would download AVG again and try it to see if it works without the popup now. You also might want to install a firewall. There is an excellent free one
Zone Alarm Free Firewall
You would probably also benefit from reading the article linked at the bottom of this post "How Did I Get Infected In The First Place"

Good Luck, hopefully it's almost done!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI