awheck
Topic Starter
Browser Hijack Blaster prevents IE default page from changing, and the pop-ups have stopped, but in Task Manager I can still see that IE is trying to access porn sites. I never see any windows open, but when I click the Processes tab in Task Manager I see that this is eating up a lot of memory (sometimes as many as 3 or 4 "iexplore.exe's" will be running simultaneously). I'm sure it must be eating up a lot of bandwidth too. So far I've tried SpyBot, CWShredder, Adaware, PestPatrol, housecall antivirus and of course Norton AV. Another related/unrelated ??? problem I'm having is the email scanning in NAV keeps getting disabled.
I've already learned a tremendous amount from this site and am grateful for any additional help anyone might provide.Here's my HT log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 4:26:50 PM, on 11/25/2003
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\PestPatrol\PPControl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\winnt\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\freecell.exe
C:\Program Files\Browser Hijack Blaster\bhblaster.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\NMain.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navw32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\QServer.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles\msn6.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapw32.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =
I've already learned a tremendous amount from this site and am grateful for any additional help anyone might provide.Here's my HT log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 4:26:50 PM, on 11/25/2003
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\PestPatrol\PPControl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\winnt\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\freecell.exe
C:\Program Files\Browser Hijack Blaster\bhblaster.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\NMain.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navw32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\QServer.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles\msn6.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapw32.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =