This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Oh Geez - No Sooner Said Than Done

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Just when I thought all would be well - I was closing down and ran all my wonderful toys and CWS found and removed a Jksearch and a Svchost 32 problem - AARRRGGGGG. I let CWS fix them and rebooted and they showed up again. I ran HJT - log as follows and there are a couple of things that are new to me from my last file.

Neverending - why do people do this?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 10:58:38 PM, on 6/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy LS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Mixer.exe
C:\Program Files\ZipMagic\zm32nt.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SUPPOR~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\spyblocker.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\a2\a2guard.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
C:\Program Files\U.S. Robotics\ControlCenter\Reminder.exe
F:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\DAD10.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hposol08.exe
E:\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
E:\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\SupportCenter\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://cgi.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir.a….1&bm=bz_search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://cgi.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir.a…=5.1&bm=bz_home
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - E:\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Probe] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy LS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "F:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\QFSCHD100.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Mixer] Mixer.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZipMagic] C:\Program Files\ZipMagic\zm32nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SUPPOR~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyBlocker] E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\spyblocker.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ZipMagic] C:\Program Files\ZipMagic\zm32nt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI Launchpad] "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SFP] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\SFP\vzSFPWin.EXE /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [a²] "E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\a2\a2guard.exe"
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = E:\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Instant Update Reminder.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = G:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Desktop Application Director 10.lnk = F:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\DAD10.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = D:\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Startup.lnk = D:\QWDLLS.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Billminder.lnk = D:\billmind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: officejet 6100.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: CorelCENTRAL 10.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Verizon Online Support Center.lnk = C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\SupportCenter\bin\matcli.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://G:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O9 - Extra button: Net2Phone (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Net2Phone (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: ppctlcab - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/ppctlcab.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…s/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004033…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {80DD2229-B8E4-4C77-B72F-F22972D723EA} (AvxScanOnline Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…8008.7043287037
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac…ta/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac…/ActiveData.cab

JUST when you thought you could be rid of me………..sigh
Ok, since I know the drill pretty well - I did the following:

Ran Ad-aware - removed the following items:

ArchiveData(auto-quarantine- 12-06-2004 16-27-45.bckp)
======================================================

REDIRECTED HOSTFILE ENTRY
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
obj[0]=Hosts file : 127.0.0.1 searchbar.findthewebsiteyouneed.com
obj[1]=Hosts file : 127.0.0.1 connect.online-dialer.com
obj[2]=Hosts file : 127.0.0.1 www.0190-dialer.com
obj[3]=Hosts file : 127.0.0.1 i-lookup.com


Ran SpybotSD - fixed 4 reoccurring DSO entries

Ran CWS - removed CWS Svchost32 and CWS Jksearch

I checked and there are no unknown programs in my remove files.

I will post my HJT log in a moment - what concerns me is these SAME problems show up each time I reboot. I re run all the above and find the same thing, so I am not getting them our permanently - they keep coming back. No alters - the same ones. I am missing something

Here is the HJT log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 4:38:30 PM, on 6/12/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy LS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Mixer.exe
C:\Program Files\ZipMagic\zm32nt.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SUPPOR~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\spyblocker.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\a2\a2guard.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
C:\Program Files\U.S. Robotics\ControlCenter\Reminder.exe
F:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\DAD10.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hposol08.exe
E:\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\SupportCenter\bin\mpbtn.exe
E:\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://cgi.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir.a….1&bm;=bz_search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://cgi.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir.a…=5.1&bm;=bz_home
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - E:\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Probe] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy LS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "F:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\QFSCHD100.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Mixer] Mixer.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZipMagic] C:\Program Files\ZipMagic\zm32nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SUPPOR~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyBlocker] E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\spyblocker.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ZipMagic] C:\Program Files\ZipMagic\zm32nt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI Launchpad] "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SFP] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\SFP\vzSFPWin.EXE /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [a²] "E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\a2\a2guard.exe"
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = E:\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Instant Update Reminder.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = G:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Desktop Application Director 10.lnk = F:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\DAD10.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = D:\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Startup.lnk = D:\QWDLLS.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Billminder.lnk = D:\billmind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: officejet 6100.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: CorelCENTRAL 10.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Verizon Online Support Center.lnk = C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\SupportCenter\bin\matcli.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://G:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O9 - Extra button: Net2Phone (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Net2Phone (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…s/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004033…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {80DD2229-B8E4-4C77-B72F-F22972D723EA} (AvxScanOnline Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…8008.7043287037
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac…ta/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac…/ActiveData.cab

Is there some file I should be looking for in safe mode to delete?

This is more annoying than anything as I am getting them right away - but why does it come back and why are my spyware guards that have these crapware listing them as being protected against yet I am getting them?

GRRRRRRRRRRR :scratch:
quick update - I am still removing with the CWS Shredder the svchost.exe and the jksearch - each boot up I run it and it gets removed. In looking at my logs and looking at other logs that had the jksearch I see NOTHING in my log that would suggest I have this thing. Also - in another post someone else is busy trying to get the svchost.exe problem resolved. In the reply it was said that there could be 2 or 3 svchost.exe - I show 4 in mine - is that normal as well? Have ran all virus ware - panda, trend, norton - and they have found nothing as well. Still in a stump - or is this just a fluke?
Hi mama,

Welcome back (I guess…). I'm sorry to see that you're having problems again. MIXED EMOTIONS. LOL :lol:

As for "svchost.exe" having several instances running at the same time, yes- that's quite normal. That is a generic file, and Windows uses it for several functions, sort of as an enabler for other things to run correctly.

If you're finding "svchost32.exe" I'd be worried; that's a WORM, and a password and account-number stealer at that! I don't see any signs of it in your logs, and you have run the scans, so it's possibly finding an old instance in one of your quarantine files OR in a System Restore backup. Open HJT, Spybot and Ad-Aware in turn, and have them each delete the quarantine files they made. Those were your backups, which you don't need, and they contain whatever those programs cleaned out.

Also, if we didn't clean out your SYSTEM RESTORE before, I'd recommend doing it now. Here's a link to step-by-step instructions: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen…src=sec_doc_nam

DISABLE SYSTEM RESTORE, REBOOT to clear out all the old Restore Points; then RE-ENABLE SYSTEM RESTORE and reboot again to force Windows to create a new, CLEAN Restore Point. Your log looks clean to me, so I'd say clean it out.

You might also clear out all your Temporary folders. You can delete the files, but DON'T DELETE THE SUB-FOLDERS; they NEED to be there. Also go to the top of your browser and click on TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS and click on "Delete Files" in the Temporary Internet Files section. Put a check in the box to "Delete all offline content" and click OK to confirm. Then delete cookies and clear History.

Finally, empty your Recycle bin and DEFRAG your system- ALL DRIVES. After all that, post a fresh log and let me know if you got any further messages on the final bootup. Hopefully, they will ALL be gone.
:lol: Ok, these things crack me up - I have the current CWS - 1.59 - but maybe there is a discrepency with CWS and spybot as I have both - my system is running GREAT - no viruses fond on any scans - no nadda - so I am just gonna assume there is a conflict. Now the question is, should I un-install one or the other of these prgrams? If so which one - I would assume CWS as it is a specialty program? Or just leave it be and don't lose sleep over it? That would be my guess. I just would like the final word from the experts before I do or not do anything!!!!
Ok K3dc - just deleted all back-ups from those programs - will do the system restore now and then a defrag - question real quick - defrag vs optimizing - are they the same? I optimize alot but does defrag do something different?
Hi mama, Boy, that was QUICK! I'd say keep them, they may be useful in the future. Just remember to UPDASTE them if you need 'em, prior to running. They only run when called, so it's no problem to simply leave them there. They won't take up any system resources. Keep all of them; run Ad-Aware and Spybot about once a week, and follow the directions in my original post. Go to the Spybot site and get the tutorial, and then set it up in Advanced Mode; there are quite a few things it does that you haven't used yet. Those two are good preventive maintenance items; just keep them updated. Also, run SpywareBlaster once a week and look for updates there, too. Good luck, and we're here if you need us. EDIT for information; DEFRAG packs the drive, removing slack space and putting everything together; it helps this cleanup by overwriting the old files with the nasties. This is my last post tonight- I've gotta babysit a granddaughter in the AM, so must go.
Oh how fun - hope you enjoy the babysitting!!!

Ok, when you get a chance - did all you instructed to do - did the restore - and after I rebooted the second time - just for fun I ran the CWS and guess what? Yeppers…..those 2 puppies were shown being removed - the svchost.exe and the jksearch. SOOOOOOOOO, in my infinite wisdom ( :lol: ) I rebooted again and DID NOT run the CWS and just did the HJT log - to see what we could see - if anything.

And here she be (sorry k3dc - I bet you thought you could be rid of me - sigh) I still think this is a fluke but I want to be sure as I do not like worms - YUCK

Ok, here is the log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 10:30:49 PM, on 6/13/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLACSD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE.COM\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy LS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Mixer.exe
C:\Program Files\ZipMagic\zm32nt.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE.COM\PERSON~1\MPFAGENT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SUPPOR~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\spyblocker.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE.COM\PERSON~1\MPFTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\MPS\mscifapp.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\a2\a2guard.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
C:\Program Files\U.S. Robotics\ControlCenter\Reminder.exe
F:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\DAD10.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hposol08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\aoltray.exe
E:\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
E:\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\SupportCenter\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://cgi.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir.a….1&bm;=bz_search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://cgi.verizon.net/bookmarks/bmredir.a…=5.1&bm;=bz_home
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {227B8AA8-DAF2-4892-BD1D-73F568BCB24E} - c:\program files\mcafee.com\mps\mcbrhlpr.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - E:\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Probe] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSysVol] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy LS\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "F:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\QFSCHD100.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Mixer] Mixer.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZipMagic] C:\Program Files\ZipMagic\zm32nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SUPPOR~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyBlocker] E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\spyblocker.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE.COM\PERSON~1\MPFTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPSExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\MPS\mscifapp.exe /embedding
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ZipMagic] C:\Program Files\ZipMagic\zm32nt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI Launchpad] "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SFP] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Verizon Online\SFP\vzSFPWin.EXE /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [a²] "E:\APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS\a2\a2guard.exe"
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = E:\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Instant Update Reminder.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = G:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Desktop Application Director 10.lnk = F:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\DAD10.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = D:\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Startup.lnk = D:\QWDLLS.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Billminder.lnk = D:\billmind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: officejet 6100.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: CorelCENTRAL 10.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Verizon Online Support Center.lnk = C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\SupportCenter\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\aoltray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://G:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Net2Phone (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Net2Phone (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…s/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…81/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {80DD2229-B8E4-4C77-B72F-F22972D723EA} (AvxScanOnline Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…8008.7043287037
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac…ta/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac…/ActiveData.cab


The ONLY thing I see different in this log compared to any of the past ones is the one I highlighted in red……the rest looks clean to me as well (EGADS I am starting to understand all this - ROFL)

Now I do a have a question and a thought here (rut rho) I - as you can tell - have attempted to build a fortress around my computer, I would love to win the battles, and I am not a good loser ( ROFL) I downloaded a program called Spyblocker - in the time frame I am looking at - this CWS problem started at about the same time - could there be a conflict in these 2 programs? Any feedback on the spyblocker?

My computer is running AWESOME - nothing weird. I installed a better firewall even. So I dunno -



:wall: :rant2: :scratch: :unsure:

I tell ya, after vacation is over I am seriously thinking of joining the classroom, maybe I can help others as well as help myself - knowledge is a powerful weapon.

So when's ya gets the chance let me know if I can just relax on this one and call it a day.

and then HOPEFULLY you will not have to deal with me for a LONG time - hehe
Hi mama,

I'm sending this from the daughter's place; granddaughter is watching some video that I know nothing about, and that will drive me batty if I let it. :P

The file you highlighted is a LEGITIMATE Windows file, so it's OK. As for SpyBlocker, it's NOT on the bad list as far as I know. There ARE some knockoffs that are just as bad (or worse) than the spyware they claim to get rid of (such as SPYKILLER).

By the way, Kailyn, (my G.D.) is an absolute DELIGHT- she's 4.

If you have the time, I think you would make a great contribution to the team; do check out the Classroom info, and send coyote an email to get enrolled. I will warn you, it can take ALL your spare time if you let it.

I consider it a privilege to be the first to say WELCOME ABOARD!
So glad you had fun with your granddaughter k3dc!!! I love that age - 4 - I remember when mine were that small - sigh - times flies. Well, I guess that I am okie dokie then - so this forum can close this log out!!! YAY!! :P I will definetely check into the classroom (Do you know how long it has been since I was in school - ROFL) when I get back - off to Europe next week for 18 days!! I have NEVER had a vacation, so this will be fun. Looking forward to paying my respects at Normandy and seeing all the beautiful sites that there are too see!!! Again, I cannot express how AWESOME this forum is, so a MILLION THANKS. k3dc - thanks for babysitting me so much, but I learned, and I think it would be great to be a part of a group of people that i consider soldiers!!! Kinda like a good vs evil. So close me out - I am under solved - hehehe YOU GUYS ROCK
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI