Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91735 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Pages aren't loading correctly

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

Hi Kathy

You might benefit from choosing to delete your TEMP files.

Easiest way, would be to download ATF-Cleaner by Atribune.

Download ATF-Cleaner

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

(If you use FireFox or the Opera browser
To keep saved passwords, click No at the prompt.)

It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time or two.

See if that helps.

Another thing to consider, is that no two browser or machines will show the exactly same picture pixel for pixel.
Reason being many, but foremost because of addons, hardware, Browser choice and settings in Internet options
and Graphic display. FYI.

Cheers

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Kathy

Kathy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Musician & artist. I like gardening, cooking, dancing, martial arts, weapons, video games, lots of things...

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:09 AM

Hi, Abydos,
I've been Posted Image sick!
:wavey: Kathy
Posted Image Kathy

Our lifetime is only a blink and then we can go home. Meanwhile I'll love with all I that I am.

#18 Kathy

Kathy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Musician & artist. I like gardening, cooking, dancing, martial arts, weapons, video games, lots of things...

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hello, Abydos! :)
I hope you are well! I am still sick, but much better.

Every browser uses addons or plugins. Be it Flashplayer, Java-plugin or something similar. Resetting your browser
would force you to download / install those again.

I'd like to know where to find a list of my add-ons so that if I reset my browser I'll know what to reinstall?
Posted Image Kathy

Our lifetime is only a blink and then we can go home. Meanwhile I'll love with all I that I am.

#19 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,791 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

Kathy, you use IE, so you would click on Tools then Manage Add-ons. The window that opens will have the list. Mine looks like this (very few Add-ons): If you click on the drop down menu (red arrow) yu can change from what is currently installed to what IE has used.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#20 Kathy

Kathy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

Thank you, Rich! :D
I could not display all the add-ons at once, so I cut and pasted to get a full view of my add-ons:
Manage_Add_ons_image_enhanced.JPG
I'm not sure what everything is. I recognize some. Could any of these be causing my pages to load incorrectly? If all seems okay then should I go ahead and reset IE as Abydos said in Post #12 ?
Posted Image Kathy

#21 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,791 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

I run with an absolute minimum of Add-ons. Reset IE7 then reinstall them one at a time, starting with Shockwave Flash. Add IESpell after that. Test after each one. Note that when you reset IE7, the Add-ons are still there, just disabled so it's easy to re-enable them is you need them.

Rich

#22 Kathy

Kathy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

Note that when you reset IE7, the Add-ons are still there, just disabled so it's easy to re-enable them is you need them.

Hello, Rich! :unsure:
Are you saying that I won't have to hunt the add-ons down and re-install them, that they'll still be here and I just re-enable them?
Posted Image Kathy

#23 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,791 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

Kathy, yes, that has been my experience on two of my own computers and one that did this here.

Rich

#24 Kathy

Kathy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

B) Cool! I'll get to it. :wavey: Kathy
Posted Image Kathy

#25 Kathy

Kathy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Kathy

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 Kathy

Kathy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

Thank you, Rich! Thank you, Abydos! Posted Image
It's fixed! Posted Image
Posted Image Kathy

#27 Kathy

Kathy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

Rich? :huh: What do add-ons do? Java, ieSpell and SiteAdvisor all seem to work well without their respective add-ons enabled.
Posted Image Kathy

#28 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,791 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Add-ons (should) do exactly what the name implies, that is, add on additional function. Seems weird that those features work without the add-ons. I don't know why, sorry.

Rich

#29 Kathy

Kathy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hi, Rich! Posted Image
I'm sure it's because I haven't yet figured out what it is that they were doing that they aren't doing now! Posted Image
Thank you so much for helping me!Posted Image
Posted Image Kathy