I'll do that, but additional info. Don't know if I mentioned it prior - when I tried to install an OLDER version - I received an erroer stating that there was a probelm wiht the regutils.dll file.
Also - under each of the users on my PC, there is an application data file - should I delete the files in each of the users files under Sun\Java, also?
Finally - it worked!!!!! Before I bid you adieu - when I have a registry change, when do I know to accept it or not. 'm afirad that accepting the change willl add more items to my strt-up wheich I want to avoid. With this Java installation, it asked for a registry change. SHould I have accepted it?
Makes no odds, what you can do is remove all 04 related entries to Java with Hijack this and within control panel select Java, on the update tab remove the tick from Check for updates automatically
Took longer to fix Java that your original problem
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI