All of the steps described on this site we have done, with the exception of the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. I expected to see Java or something referring to SUn as an option to uninstall. There wasn't'. Next, I downloaded the Java OFFLINE install. That got the SAME error as the orrignal "Error 25099 Unzipping core fixes failed". Is seems like an issue with Install Shield. Can I have removed a required part, that Install Shield requires, during my clean-up process?
I would not have thought so - although now I think of it windows installer was updated with SP2 so if you could install SP2 and we will then go from there. The repair is always the longest part of clearing an infection
Before I tackle the SP2 upgrade, I have two questions - 1) should I make a new restore point EVEN THOUGH I am having the problem with Java and 2) It's taking WIndows Update 1 munte and McAfee almost 2 minutes to load on startup. Is that normal?
Regarding SP2, Microsoft.com only has the SP2 download available for IT Professionals and Network. For individual PCs, they want you to use the WIndows update, which maps to the SP3 download, which I do not want to install at this time. Do you have a trustworthy website where I can download SP2? Also, do I need to update my drivers before the upgrade?
Take SP2 from the IT/Network page - it is a bigger download but it has it all
SP2 will create a restore point when it installs and your drivers will be OK as windows will update them where necessary
After installing SP2 defragment your drive and let me know how that goes
It is suggested that I "back up my system" prior to the installation. What files are included on "my system"??? Or is the upgrade stable enough now where I don't have a need to "backup my system"??
Hello EB, I was able to upgrade to SP2. No problem with that. I executed the disk defrag as per your instructions. I am still haveing the same issues with the Java install. Same errors as before. I tried the current download both offline and online. Do yo have any further suggestions?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI