after trying all sorts of instructions from a tech, I'm still unable to remove this stubborn spy-ware. It's well hidden and yet there is no true solution to it out there in the net. Even if there is, it's outdated which can't be applied to Vista.
I believed it is necessary to explain everything again from fresh.
First and foremost, the link to my topic as requested by the technician,
Before I begin, here are the details of what my browser is:
- Mozilla FireFox 3.0.7 (default browser and 99% what I used for internet activities)
- Internet Explorer 7
- Opera Browser
1. As I hit my blog site, http://zepx.co.cc, I noticed a pop-up ad. As the ad loads, I found it to load several websites such as adserving.adxinteractive.com, ad.yieldmanager.com, www.adoutput.com, ad.mozzi.biz/ all those nonsense ad sites, which I've never even registered myself to them!
2. As my plan was NOT to have any pop up ads for my blog, I decided to read through the source code. To my shock, I found no adcode that should provide pop up ads! The only ad that should be there is googleads and nuffnang.
3. I continue my hunt by finding everything I can to counter this stubborn ad.yieldmanager.com.... yet I could not find a suitable solution to it.
4. I also found out that this pop up ad does not only appear on my blogsite, but some other site as well, it will load up the ad.yieldmanager.com
5. I've tried many things, that include clearing my cookies and etc.
6. I then tried with IE and Opera.
7. I found out that Opera DID NOT display the pop up ads each time I clear my cookies! Instead, IE and Firefox always dispaly these ads as I clear my cookies!
8. I blocked out the permission to store ad.yieldmanager.com cookie. yet again it did not solve anything.
9. I figured it could be my website, so I requested 3-4 people or friends of mine to access my website with their cookies cleared. All of them told me no pop up ads was shown. If you do not believe me, visit my blog. My conclusion brought me to infected spyware as most net users said it was.
9. I went through the thorough instructions by the Technician.
10. Till today it was requested that I posted here.