Hi,
I've been following links in circles looking for the lists to download for Zoned out. I am thinking that Zoned out stores lists of danger zones and then warns you away from them when surfing. Am I misunderstanding the function of this program?
I have been re-reading the whole IE-SPYAD webpage and found out what is actually happening. The IE-SPYAD is just a list of bad websites, etc. that needs to be loaded. To load this list you can best use ZonedOut:
http://www.funkytoad.com/index.php?option=β¦5&Itemid=33
Then after downloading and installing ZonedOut you can go here:
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/resource.htm#IESPYAD_ZO
There is a special section called
Installation & Use which you can read.
The download link to IE-SPYAD is under
Download.
What IE-SPYAD does is described on its webpage:
"IE-SPYAD adds a long list of sites and domains associated with known advertisers, marketers, and crapware pushers to the Restricted sites zone of Internet Explorer. Once you merge this list of sites and domains into the Registry, the web sites for these companies will not be able to use cookies, ActiveX controls, Java applets, or scripting to compromise your privacy or your PC while you surf the Net. Nor will they be able to use your browser to push unwanted pop-ups, cookies, or auto-installing programs on your PC."
I searched the Symantec Endpoint Protection window and its help & support area but couldn't find a separate area for the firewall. I guess they integrated the firewall super seamlessly!!
It is! I have been searching for pictures of Symantec Endpoint Protection and I have never found a screen where something about the firewall is said. The only one that I found is this one:
[external image: Posted Image]
Maybe you can get there when you click
Client Management here:
[external image: Posted Image]
When I scroll over my name, it says,"Java User", that is the nickname, correct?
No, it is not. One of the ones on the list on the right is you. When you hover over the list on the right one should say 'Java User' and that is you.
I tried to change my nickname. I typed in the box and pressed "enter", but nothing happened.
Just tried it and it worked well. I even checked to see if I could change it to 'Kathy' and it worked. If it does not work, try using this:
/nick Kathy
I don't understand the purpose of the arrows which say "#WhatTheTech" and "Status."
Well, there are multiple channels on this server so you can also go to #computerhelp or #bleepingcomputer which are others that use this type of chat. You do this by typing this:
/join #bleepingcomputer
The channels will open in the 'Public' row as they ARE public. Things like private chats and your status, which contains valuable information for some, are private
Do you open a private chat by clicking on some one's name?
Yes.
Does the @ sign mean that that person is "away"?
No, it means that they are an operator/administrator/moderator of the channel.
If they are "away" then why are they still in the window?
This chat does not only work through the link at the bottom of WhatTheTech, but there are also standalone programs that use the IRC method. IRC is a very, very big thing with a lot of different servers with on them a lot of channels. Some people just have their program open the whole day, logged in to multiple servers with multiple channels open, so when they come back they can read what has happened and do not have to start the program every time.
I don't regularly chat on-line, as you can see
Well, IRC is not very regular for overall chat. As you can see it uses a lot of different switches (/join, /nick) and it does not look really nice. Still, it is very basic, which is what we want, and once you know it, it is easy..
Regards,
John.