This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] PC is freezing and jumping

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello again, that seems to be no good. The port removable disk (k) doesnt even show in the list, and it does say to turn it on but I cant do that. Any other suggestions?
Yes they are working but not with my camera or usb sticks. Usuawhen I connect my camera or usb stick, I get the popup window with the option to download my photos and I can also get into my usb this way. The removable disk (k) is working if I go through my computer. But I dont want to have to do it that way each time I want to put new pics in to my pc. Im sure theres something stopping the pop up option, that should be eassily changed.

3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you – please tell your helper.

Do you still have combofix on your computer?
Your Autorun file was in the D: drive: D:\Autorun.inf Copy that autoplay file I had you download to the D: and let me know if that worked.
Do you mean the autoplay repair wizard you had me use? If so I have just tried that with "d" drive and its telling me that "this drive does not support autoplay settings"

Do you mean the autoplay repair wizard you had me use? If so I have just tried that with "d" drive and its telling me that "this drive does not support autoplay settings"

It that a CD / DVD drive?

Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.

Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.

Select the AutoPlay tab.

Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.


Select OK.
Ok, sorry I'm finally with you, I just found and did a repair on removable disk (k). That didnt work so I did what you told me last. I selected the auto play tab and tried a few dif things there but that didnt work either. I tried to restore defaults, that didnt work. I also went to select an action to perform and that didnt work. I also restarter PC and still no good.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI