Deleted Member
Topic Starter
I have AVG and it ran a scan. It said it found an infection called windows virut 56 or something close to that. So, being computer illiterate as I am, the only thing I knew to do was to look it up. Everything I read about it said to reformat that there was no way to fix it. Then, I stumbled on this forum site and for the first time found language and explanations that I could understand. Alas, here I am. From reading the other posts I downloaded HiJackThis and ran a system scan and saved a log file. However, I have no clue where to go from here which brings me to post here. I am at my wits end with this and the sad thing about it is that I have NO CLUE how to do this reformat thing either. I truly hope that ya'll can help. Below I've copied and pasted the file from the scan, if its not what you need please let me know what is needed and I will do my best to get it to you to evaluate.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:10:41 PM, on 3/20/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16791)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\EACCEL~1\FRAMEW~1\eac_productsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSIService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgam.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdctxte.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TUProgSt.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\WasherSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\EACCEL~1\FRAMEW~1\eac_svc.exe
C:\Program Files\eAcceleration\Firewall\FWService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Program Files\Acceleration Software\Anti-Virus\stopsignav.exe
C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\CorelIOMonitor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\eAcceleration\OnAccess\onaccess.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Pando Networks\Pando\pando.exe
C:\Program Files\XemiComputers\Active Desktop Calendar\ADC.exe
C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\RegistryBooster.exe
C:\Program Files\eAcceleration\Station\station_bk.exe
C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IMApp.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Angela\Desktop\drweb-cureit.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Angela\LOCALS~1\Temp\RarSFX3\_start.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Angela\LOCALS~1\Temp\RarSFX3\setup.exe
C:\Program Files\Acceleration Software\Anti-Virus\stopsignav.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul…rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul…rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = socks=
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B753C7C5-0942-4b7f-BC27-942B52BDAC66} - C:\PROGRA~1\ACCELE~1\StopSign\webcbrowse.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\YTSingleInstance.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [webscan] "C:\Program Files\Acceleration Software\Anti-Virus\stopsignav.exe" -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoftwareStation] "C:\Program Files\eAcceleration\Station\station.exe" /b Startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UnlockerAssistant] "C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Corel File Shell Monitor] C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\CorelIOMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OnAccess] "C:\Program Files\eAcceleration\OnAccess\onaccess.exe" -erk
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrojanScanner] C:\Program Files\Trojan Remover\Trjscan.exe /boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IncrediMail] C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IncMail.exe /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Pando] "C:\Program Files\Pando Networks\Pando\pando.exe" /Minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Active Desktop Calendar] C:\Program Files\XemiComputers\Active Desktop Calendar\ADC.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\RegistryBooster.exe /S
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Window Washer] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe
O4 - Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {24BE56F9-F0B6-4ac7-97F1-8CACEDA9A427} - C:\PROGRA~1\ACCELE~1\StopSign\webcbrowse.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Block This Page - {24BE56F9-F0B6-4ac7-97F1-8CACEDA9A427} - C:\PROGRA~1\ACCELE~1\StopSign\webcbrowse.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: AVG8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: eAcceleration Notification Service (eac_notifysvc) - eAcceleration Corp - C:\PROGRA~1\EACCEL~1\FRAMEW~1\eac_svc.exe
O23 - Service: eAcceleration Product Manager Service (eac_productsvc) - eAcceleration Corp - C:\PROGRA~1\EACCEL~1\FRAMEW~1\eac_productsvc.exe
O23 - Service: FWService - eAcceleration Corp - C:\Program Files\eAcceleration\Firewall\FWService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
O23 - Service: ProtexisLicensing - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSIService.exe
O23 - Service: tdctxte Service (tdctxte) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdctxte.exe
O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe
O23 - Service: TuneUp Program Statistics Service (TuneUp.ProgramStatisticsSvc) - TuneUp Software - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TUProgSt.exe
O23 - Service: Window Washer Engine (wwEngineSvc) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\WasherSvc.exe
–
End of file - 8773 bytes