Please download DrWeb-CureIt & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
Scan with DrWeb-CureIt as follows:
Double-click on cureit.exe to start the program.
Click Start
Click OK to the RAM scan
When the RAM Scan has completed, choose the Complete scan
Then click the "Start/Stop Scanning" button (green arrow on the right) and the scan will start.
Agree to any prompts to Move files
Click the Select all button at the bottom
Click the Cure button, and Delete incurable in the pop out menu
Allow it to cure or delete all files, then click on the File menu, then Save report list
Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
Important!Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)
I am running cleaner 2 and the Suppression button is not active this is after following the steps you explained… also though the system may be clean I still do not have access to IE internet I can via Firefox aswell as Opera… I really dont care for IE and Use Firefox majority of the time .. but updates aswell as installations use IE and not default so I can not update programs ect. Gawd I hate Microsoft for being so stuck UP
I had this problem with all browsers.. after unistalling Firefox aswell as Opera it cleared the problems i had with them .. though IE I have updated but still have trouble.. (I cant seem to uninstall IE)
Still nothing … I have run the xp diagnostic and this is what I get on report
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity
info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.hotmail.com: A connection with the server could not be established
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
info Redirecting user to support call
I have looked over firewall and nothing is blocking FTP HTTP or HTTPS least from looking at it
First of all, try disabling your firewall, and see if that allows IE to connect.
If it still doesn't connect, re-enable the firewall, then go into your internet options settings in the control panel, Connection Tab, Lan Settings and make sure "use Proxy server" is UNTICKED.
OK!
Looks like you should be good to go then. Make sure you follow Tomk's advice in post 18, and also delete the files and folders created by AVZ, along with any remaining tools and logs.
I'll keep this open for a couple of days, so if you have any more problems, post me a reply here.
All the best,
RatHat
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI