If you wouldn't mind, I would like to get a couple pieces of diagnostic information from you to determine what else could be blocking your internet. One is a bootlog, and one is information from a program called LspFix.
How to create and post your bootlog:
- Shutdown and restart your computer.
- After the initial power on screen and before the Windows XP screen, begin pressing F8 multiple times.
- When the Advanced Startup Menu appears, choose "Enable Boot Logging." and press ENTER.
- When asked which operating system you want to boot, press ENTER.
- After your computer boots up completely, open My Computer.
- Navigate to C:\Windows and find the NTBTLOG.TXT file.
- Open C:\WINDOWS\NTBTLOG.TXT in your preferred text editor by double-clicking the file.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the ntbtlog.txt file and begin moving up line by line until you find the first occurence (from the bottom) of, "Service Pack....."
- Copy from the "Service Pack..." line to the bottom of the file.
- Paste the contents here in the forum.
Then, if you could download LspFix.exe from here:
Run the lspfix.exe file and please tell me every file that is listed under "Keep" and, if any, under "remove." DO NOT make any modifications with this software, even if it suggests it. When you are done typing the filenames into the forum, just click the 'X' in the upper right hand corner of the software to close it.
Edited by appleoddity, 11 March 2009 - 09:22 AM.