This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

C++ - How to change cmd window title

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all, I'm a newbie to C++ but i've decided that my knowledge of Windows is good enough now to progress onto a new level, that being C++. I have written some really simple batch files with help from internet topics etc but i think with C++, i could grasp it with enough time & effort. I tried the Hello World introduction and that's all good, and i did have a piece of code to change the TITLE window when the cmd window pops up. I've lost it and am basically asking if anyone knows what that may be? Just for info, i've been using Bloodshed Dev-C++ v4.9.9.2 thanks, Bob
I'm not sure about a platform independent way of doing this, but if you are working solely on Windows then:
system("TITLE MyTitleText");
Should do the trick.

Hope that helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI