Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Internet Explorer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16 k3dc

k3dc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Musician, Radio Host and Producer<br>Ham Radio Operator, Opera Lover<br>General Curmudgeon and Tightwad<br>Hater of Malware

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:05 PM

Hi tank,

Just a few more things, and you should be good to go. I recommend removing these lines; start HijackThis, follow the usual precautions, and mark these two lines for removal, Then FIX CHECKED and let 'er rip.

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [1] C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c erase "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\AcsInstall.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c erase "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\insmac2k.dll"

O16 - DPF: {99CDFD87-F97A-42E1-9C13-D18220D90AD1} (StartFirstControl.CheckFirst) - hcp://system/StartFirstControl.CAB

Reboot and post a fresh log, and I'm fairly sure this will do it. (By the way, the latest Sun Java version is V1.4.2_04)

#17 tankengine

tankengine

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:42 AM

Hi there K3dc, I will jump on my HJT and do your last three recomendations. Are these three removals related to a performance enhancement or another resource hog or both? BTW, the Trojan that we removed from HJT (e.g., the dreg.exe) what does it do from the down side? Just curious, never had the pleasure of being infected by a Trojan before. I know you are busy, a brief thumbnail is more than enough if you have a moment. Down the road: Can the removal of my old Java and Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5.0 be done on my Add or Remove Programs? Just wanted to make sure that either package does not have its own uninstall program that I should be following (e.g., do not want to repeat my ZoneAlarm type issue). Again, I appreciate your timely feedback for getting me back in action, Tankengine

#18 k3dc

k3dc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Musician, Radio Host and Producer<br>Ham Radio Operator, Opera Lover<br>General Curmudgeon and Tightwad<br>Hater of Malware

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:38 PM

Hi tank,

Those two O4 entries are both suspicious; I can't find anything about them by Searching in Google, and that's almost always a BAD SIGN. The only legitimate files that I can think of that won't show up in Google are proprietary software that's not in general public release. If anyone has said ANYTHING about something on line, Google scarfs the reference up and presents it to anyone who searches for it.

The ONLY reference I found for the "insmac2k.dll" was a German request for help from a hijacking (fortunately I speak some German), and that same log had one of two instances of the other file, "AcsInstall.dll", the other reference being a ".dll" replacement service. Both those lines are "Run Once", so I'd expect them to not be there on a continuing basis.

This is the reason I said to remove them. You can mark them in HJT and get rid of them, but they will still be available in HJT's Quarantine file. That way, if they DO turn out to be needed files you can open HJT and RESTORE them.

The O16 entry is something my security has put on its RESTRICTED list, so that's reason enough for me to say remove it. O16 entries are somewhat unique in that they reinstall when (and if) you revisit the site they came from- unless they're blocked by something like SpywareBlaster, a program I always recommend in my final posting to a thread after the problem is cleaned up. For that reason I always recommend removing any O16s that don't come from major companies like Microsoft, Yahoo, McAfee and such.

As for the Java and Adobe, they can (and should) be removed through Control Panel's "Add/Remove programs" function. I'm really surprised you had a problem that way with ZoneAlarm because if a program shows up there, it was put there by its own Install function. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the uninstall became corrupted by removing part of it with HJT. If any part of a program is missing, the "Add/Remove Programs" Uninstall will often fail.

The "dreg.exe" is something you don't want! here's a link to Pest Patrol's information about it: http://www.pestpatro...info/d/dreg.asp

I hope this answers your questions. If you have any other concerns, post them and we'll get an answer. When you post your new log, I hope to have some final things to do to clean up the last details, and then some advice for the future.

#19 tankengine

tankengine

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:59 PM

Hi K3dc,

Could NOT find the following two lines in my latest HJT that you had recommended to remove:

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [1] C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c erase "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\AcsInstall.dll"

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c erase "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\insmac2k.dll"

You did mention that the above are "Run Once", so, they may not be on HJT on a continuing basis. Is there any way I can make them re-appear? I went to IE and did a little surfing before running the HJT, however, no cigar, unfortunately.

[U]On the otherhand, was able to remove the following as recommended:

[B]O16 - DPF: {99CDFD87-F97A-42E1-9C13-D18220D90AD1} (StartFirstControl.CheckFirst) - hcp://system/StartFirstControl.CAB

Thanks for your explanation on these various removals from HJT, including the dreaded dreg.exe Trojan.

Will start the process replacing Java and Adobe (to 6.0). In the meantime, please see my latest HJT log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 10:38:46 PM, on 6/14/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\APC\PowerChute Business Edition\agent\pbeagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\AudioHQ\AHQTB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AIM95\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\aoltray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\msoffice.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Aol\aoltpspd.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\HiJackThis_app\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.net/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = http://proxycfg.nets...p=1&nsv=5.1.0.4
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = http://www.gateway.net/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioHQ] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\AudioHQ\AHQTB.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Define - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Look Up in &Encyclopedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Define (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AOL Instant Messenger (SM) (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: Sametime Meeting Toolkit ST25 - file://C:\WINDOWS\Java\ControlF1\STMeeting25.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com...kup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {597C45C2-2D39-11D5-8D53-0050048383FE} (OPUCatalog Class) - http://office.micros...ontent/opuc.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupd...7865.3009837963
O16 - DPF: {EC8C56B1-D027-4AB2-AF63-F845CCEE59B5} (DocumentAccessor Class) - https://billmanager....loginHelper.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{958F51BF-77A1-478B-813D-7F3BE048EEAE}: NameServer = 205.188.146.146

Thanks again for help and assistance,
Tankengine

#20 k3dc

k3dc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:28 PM

Hi tank,

That looks clean. CONGRATULATIONS! GOOD WORK! :thumbup:

I guess that pair of "Run Once" items did exactly that; if they're not there, then they're not there. Now that your log is clean, the trick will be to KEEP IT THAT WAY. I have a few suggestions for that; they're really painless (especially compared to what you've just been through).

First, KEEP YOUR WINDOWS AND BROWSER UPDATED. As new security problems are found, Microsoft issues UPDATES to plug the holes that have been found. The top entry on your START menu should be "Windows Update," so this one is as easy as falling off a log. :D

Next, I recommend installing SpywareBlaster. It "inoculates" your computer against literally THOUSANDS of known malware items, and it works in such a way that it DOES NOT need to be running (and consuming system resources) to protect you. The program sets a "Kill-Bit" for each malware item it blocks, and then that thing can't download to your computer or run if it's there. I don't know just how it works, but I can assure you IT DOES! Once the protection is set, all you have to do is check for updates about once a week, install them and run SB to set protection against the new items on the list. Once a Kill-Bit is set, you have PERMANENT protecton from that item unless you remove it. Best of all, this is FREEWARE. Follow this link to download it: http://www.javacools...areblaster.html

For a good overview of basic Internet security, here is a good article: http://boards.cexx.o...topic.php?t=957 If I can leave you with one final thought, it's this: Security is NOT a destination, it's an endless journey.

#21 tankengine

tankengine

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:00 PM

Hi K3dc :D ;) :thumbup:

Intalled as instructed (after uninstalling and rebooting their respective predecessors first) Adobe 6.0.1 and Java Runtime Environment SE V1.4.2-04.

Also installed and setup the SpywareBlaster V3.1 as suggested.

WOW, we came a long way and you are right about the fact that Security is a journey whose destination is never ending. No problem, will steam ahead with these tools and I am very anal enough to keep their updates in place going forward.

Yes, one firewall is enough, do not plan to make that mistake again as well. Plan to read the article you suggested regarding Internet Security, MANY THANKS!

Wanted to include one more copy of my HJT now that I have done everything you requested/suggested. Please take one last look please, just want to make sure One Mo' Time:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 11:55:34 PM, on 6/15/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\APC\PowerChute Business Edition\agent\pbeagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\AudioHQ\AHQTB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AIM95\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\msoffice.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Aol\aoltpspd.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\urlmap.exe
C:\HiJackThis_app\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.net/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,AutoConfigURL = http://proxycfg.nets...p=1&nsv=5.1.0.4
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = http://www.gateway.net/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioHQ] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\AudioHQ\AHQTB.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0a\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Define - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Look Up in &Encyclopedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Define (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AOL Instant Messenger (SM) (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: Sametime Meeting Toolkit ST25 - file://C:\WINDOWS\Java\ControlF1\STMeeting25.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com...kup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {597C45C2-2D39-11D5-8D53-0050048383FE} (OPUCatalog Class) - http://office.micros...ontent/opuc.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupd...7865.3009837963
O16 - DPF: {EC8C56B1-D027-4AB2-AF63-F845CCEE59B5} (DocumentAccessor Class) - https://billmanager....loginHelper.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{958F51BF-77A1-478B-813D-7F3BE048EEAE}: NameServer = 205.188.146.146

K3dc: I really appreciate you help, assistance and patience. I was truly losing sleep on this issue. I just cannot stand when my PC is not performing, truly an irksome and frustrating experience. Stay well, please keep up the great work.Tankengine

#22 k3dc

k3dc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:14 PM

Hi tank, That's as clean as any log I've seen lately. Now, get your security as tight as a frog's a$$ at 40 fathoms. :P It ain't luck, it's preparation and vigilance that does the trick. I'm going to ask one of our moderators to close this thread, since you have gotten your problem solved. And make no mistake, YOU got it solved- all I did was give advice and suggestions, you did the work. Take care, and if you need anything in the future, we're here to help.

#23 tankengine

tankengine

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 11:05 PM

Hi K3dc, RIVET, RIVET, CROAK, CROAK (Bull Frog sounds at 40 fathoms - ha, ha). Thanks again for the help. Have a great evening!

#24 nellie2

nellie2

Slyware Huntress

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:55 PM

Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted. :wavey: