Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

"High" Page File Usage History

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dwohlever

dwohlever

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

My computer has been running amazingly slow for the past few months and before giving up on it I wanted to try to fix it. My page file usage is running at @584 MB I think in the past it ran at @248-295MB. Are there any fixes for this???

#2 Digerati

Digerati

Built, broke, fixed, learned.

• Tech Team
  • 3,393 posts
  • MVP

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:31 AM

Hi dwohlever and welcome. Sadly, you told us absolutely nothing of your computer, how it is set up, what you are running, what OS, or anything. :( Not even your page file settings. I would not worry about the page file - that is not an indication of poor performance. Have you scanned for malware?