Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Lag Spikes

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Arnor

Arnor

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hey Kwystina, if you don't mind me asking... where do you live? Just wondering if you are north of Toronto or if the problem is all across the Rogers network in Canada... Oh btw, i logged the pings from all 3 computers in my home, i just wanted to make sure it was not my router. ping -t 4.2.2.4 > c:\internet.txt ping -t my router > c:\router.txt I did this for 8 hours almost. The router always had less than 2ms response time. The 4.2.2.4 , just some public dependable DNS however... it was stable for the most part under 100 ms. However i found sporatic pockets where it would shoot up to 3000 ms and then time out. I repeated the same test again physically removing the router, this time i pinged www.yahoo.com and 4.2.2.4. The same results... stable 95% of the time and then random pockets of crazy response times! I had a rogers technician come to my home last night. He claims everything is working fine and he cant see any problems. I must be going insane because timing our every 20-30 minutes is not a problem according to Rogers.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#62 Kachomp

Kachomp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

I Also play wow, raid, use vent etc... and get the exact same huge lag spikes/ dc's. Latency will be fine then shoot up to absurd numbers... not good, especially when raiding. - Quesiton I havent seen asked is what amout of bandwidth do you guys currently have? Is it shared? If so with how many people? etc.. I live in an aparentment building for over a year that provides internet and have been running vent & wow for prolonged times and no connection issues what-so-ever. Up untill now, I have not had these lag spike issues :( .:::The isp claims bandwidth is distributed and limited per room, but I dont know if thats reallly the case, anyone happen to know?::: I will have to run all these reccomendations myself, and I persionally appreciate the info that has allready been provided.

#63 toyotomi

toyotomi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

I have a similar problem with AT&T actually (just made a new thread). But I've verified the modem/router is actually for some reason losing a signal, rather than a problem between the machine and the modem/router. I play EQ2, and frequently notice the problem while raiding. I use Ventrilo too, but the problem has happened while not raiding, playing other games, and not using Ventrilo. Interesting to see other folks having such similar issues on different ISPs though.

#64 Kachomp

Kachomp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

I would like to know if this suddendly happen for all of you? Where you raiding using ventrillio with th e same isp before without having anny of these issues? I know mine seemed to happen after alot of new tenents moved in :( Not sure if there hoging all the bandwidth of ir it really is seperated by room.

#65 glenno1996

glenno1996

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

i have these problems to. but i am the only one in the house with these problems. is there already a solution for it? or is it stil unknown what is causing it? it started a little time after i got my smarthphone. could the wireless connection from my phone cause lag spikes? for i have no problems when i am on wired connection.

Edited by glenno1996, 05 May 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#66 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hi Glenno1996 Please start a fresh new Topic with a detailed description of the problems you have been observing, time and events around which the problems began, and what you may already have done to attempt to fix the problem. With that additional information one of our Techs may be able to offer a useful response to you. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.