Browser hangs 10 minutes after boot
Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:26 PM
Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:56 PM
McAfee is useless and a major resource hog. I recommend that you remove it and instead use a program like AVG/Avast/AntiVir
I already know that. But that wasn't the question.
Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:29 AM
When I boot in safe mode with networking, the problem goes away. I've gotten all the way through "Advanced troubleshooting method six", so I've ruled out services and startup programs. Now Microsoft is suggesting system restore, which will probably fix things, but won't tell me what the problem was.
I'm pretty sure I picked this up at a malicious web site, but none of the malware scanners can find it. It would be nice to track down the driver, or whatever it is, and submit it for analysis. Any suggestions on how to identify the culprit?
Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:59 AM
Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:03 AM
Edited by Milo77, 03 May 2008 - 10:06 AM.
Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:22 AM
Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:33 AM
Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:28 AM
Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
- Close all applications and windows.
- Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
- For Vista users, right-click DSS and select Run As Administrator
- When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized
- Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt in your next reply
Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:29 PM
Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:55 AM
Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:57 PM
Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:08 PM
Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:55 AM
Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:02 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users