Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Blue Tint on Video Playback

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 toyotomi

toyotomi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:34 AM

Ok, I have here an unusual problem that apparently other people have had (from searching Google) but nobody has found an answer for. When I play videos, sometimes the video is tinted blue. It doesn't happen all the time though. I use VLC, Winamp, DivX, and Windows Media Player 11(WMP). I usually use VLC the most. One of the odd things is that in VLC and in Winamp the playback will have a blue tint to it, but if I close the player, then open any video (doesn't even have to be the one that showed the tint) in WMP, it will show up normally in that, and then if I close WMP and reopen the original video in whatever I used originally it will be perfectly fine. No idea why opening a video in WMP should effect how it's played in VLC/Winamp. I almost never use the DivX player so I have no idea if it experiences the problem or not. Another interesting note is that I used to get this same problem except with a pink tint rather than blue. Same machine, same setup, same problem with a little twist. I've tried changing settings, and have upgraded my video driver multiple times and the problem has persisted regardless. I've also updated all aforementioned media players multiple times. I have an Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT. I know the problem isn't with the video's themselves because it happens with many different files and not always the same ones. I've also experienced the problem with streaming video. Most references I've been able to find about this are usually hardware related and effect the whole screen. Of the few that match the symptoms I've experienced, none of the explanations offered fit the bill. I only found one reference to the exact same problem, complete with the whole closing then opening with WMP and then playing again, but nobody seemed to have a clue. I've been lazy with finding out the cause because most of the time it's just a minor inconvenience, but lately I'm just sick of it. I want to find out what the heck is making this happen and how to really fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. _________________________________________ Oh and on a side note, since it's probably not related, I've had an ongoing problem with WMP that every time I open it the repeat is turned on. If I turn it off it may stay off during that session, but after the computer reboots the repeat is back on. (really annoying when you try to play a short sound effect clip that's a bit louder than you expected...). Really doubt it has anything to do with the above problem but if anyone can provide a fix I'd be grateful.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 kazzoo

kazzoo

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:07 PM

So what is it we know?

Video card is good

Source file is good

Monitor is good

You have uninstalled the VLC and reinstalled it several times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

What I think it might be:

What we have left is how VLC interprets the file with codecs vs Windows media player before sending it along to the display. I am thinking switching to WMP is setting or pointing to a different set of Codex (compression decompression software) into be used vs the ones VLC was using.

So there must be settings that are off somewhere in that VLC application. I dont use VLC but here is a possible adjustments to try. One or more of these posts might have the information to fix your issue.

http://forum.videola...=...p;sk=t&sd=a

Regards

Kaz
Badgers? I dont need no stinking Badgers!