Please follow the steps below to use the What The Tech Forums. Soon you'll be finding free answers to your computing questions!
- Search. What The Tech has been offering free computer help since 2003 and has developed a large database of knowledge. In fact, chances are your question has likely been asked before. Before you post a question, please perform a simple search to see if you can find the answer.
- Register. Registration is free and only takes a moment to complete. To be able to use all the features on this board, including starting new topics, you must first chose a username and password. If you've already registered just skip to the next step.
- Choose a Category. The forums here are arranged into categories. This helps match your question with the people best able to answer it. Some examples of categories are HijackThis Logs and Infections Removal (for spyware, virus, pop-ups), Microsoft Windows (for general Windows issues), General Hardware (video cards, RAM, overheating, etc), and Consumer Electronics (trouble with or questions about mobile devices, mp3 players, and the like). After you've browsed all the categories and selected one, click on it to view the topics in that category. Please only post your question in one category. If necessary, you can request it be moved to another category later.
- Start a New Topic. After you chose your category (above), click the "New Topic" button.
- Post your Question Enter a short but descriptive title. Help us to help you! Use meaningful titles and descriptions, NOT just "help me". Describe your issues fully. List any issues and relevant error messages. Detailed posts get better (and faster) replies.
- Reply. When your topic receives a reply, you will get an email notification at the email address used when registering (above). The email will contain a click-able link that will take you back to your topic. Add more information when requested, or if you think it will help.
Resolved? Please post how you resolved the problem. Your helpers appreciate the feedback, and someone who searches the board for the same problem will be grateful.
- Do not ask for help involving any illegal activity, including P2P programs (Kazaa, WinMX, etc), CD keys, hacking, warez, etc.
- Please post your question only once! Duplicate posts will be closed, and create more work for our staff.
- Start a new post for a new question. Do not add on to yours or others. Be patient, it may take some time for a response. It is free.
- Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this site. If you're here to spam, you will be banned without warning.