Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech Forums - Register now for FREE

We're your place for tech questions. Join 87514 others, and join the conversation. Ask questions. Find answers. Share your ideas and opinions. Browse our community. You'll find experts who enjoy helping others. Who explain technical issues in a non-technical way that anyone can understand. Create an account today (it's 100% free)!

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

windows updates keep repeating the same update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danszczerba

danszczerba

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:34 PM

Hello. I have a strange problem. Windows tells me "updates are ready to be installed". This is the update-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have installed this update at least 5-6 times in the last 2 days. I have just realized that this is the same update. I install, and 3 minutes later the icon is back telling me to install-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have restarted the computer after each install, but this has not solved the problem. Please help!!! I am running XP PRO/SP2. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but i recently activated Outlook 2003. Thanks.

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:45 PM

Hello. I have a strange problem. Windows tells me "updates are ready to be installed". This is the update-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical
Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have installed this update at least 5-6 times in the last 2 days. I have just realized that this is the same update. I install, and 3 minutes later the icon is back telling me to install-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have restarted the computer after each install, but this has not solved the problem. Please help!!! I am running XP PRO/SP2. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but i recently activated Outlook 2003. Thanks.

Hi Danszczerba,

Sorry you are having problems with Microsoft Updates -

Try post #4 on the following site OR there are other threads on the two other sites I have included that may get you out of trouble.

http://forums.cnet.c...2600053#2600053

Hope this helps.

kind regards,

#3 caperjack

caperjack

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:gggggggggggooooooooooooolllllllllllffffffffffffffff

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:47 PM

try this .type this into start/run hcp://system/updatectr/updatecenter.htm