Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech Forums - Register now for FREE

We're your place for tech questions. Join 87499 others, and join the conversation. Ask questions. Find answers. Share your ideas and opinions. Browse our community. You'll find experts who enjoy helping others. Who explain technical issues in a non-technical way that anyone can understand. Create an account today (it's 100% free)!

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Awola Antivirus - You're Computer Is Infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 islanmdonk

islanmdonk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

I think that my post might be a violation of the forum's rules. I'll risk it, though as I've not seen a solution to this problem. Here is how I fixed it: open task manager (right click in white space of taskbar and select 'Task Manager'. Look for a file whose name is random looking like ysvduslst.exe and hit [end process] Also, if there is a program named 'load.exe', end it as well. look in: C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data for a file with the same random looking name. Delete this file. There is likely to be a folder C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\Awola Delete that too. search your disk for incidence of the 'load.exe' file. They will have that Awola icon hooked to them. Delete them. Open the registry editor ( Start Button ==> Run... ==> type 'regedit' in the blank and hit okay) Be very careful here !! Look for the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run This is the list of applications which are kicked off when the machine is logged onto by anybody. If that random looking executable file is listed, delete the entry for it. Don't delete anything else. There is an analogous set of keys like this for each user associated with your machine. You will need to go through all of them. HKEY_USERS\[any user id dealie]\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Look for entries with that goofed up application name and delete them. But be careful. Go to the root of your registry and do a find [ctrl-F]. Look for incidents of 'Load.exe'. You will be taken to each key, one-at-a-time with that in its name. Be really careful here. Many of the hits will be bona fide files which have 'load.exe' as part of their name. On each hit, make sure that the reference isn't to an application that you like. If it is pointing to one of the rogue copies of Load.exe, delete the entry from the registry. Move to the next one by hitting [F3]. restart your machine. This is how I got rid of that damned thing from my machine. I haven't had any problem with it since.