Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Computer Starts But No Picture On The Monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toothfairie

toothfairie

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:43 AM

i've tried another monitor, but it still doesn't show anything. also, after i disconnect the monitor, it says no cable connected. so i know that the monitor connects. why isn't it showing up on the screen?? :ph34r:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

Can you boot into SAFE Mode by tapping F8 continuously at Boot until the Menu comes up and then selecting SAFE Mode. If you can, and you get a Video Display while in Safe Mode, then the problem is most likely in the Video Adapter (onboard or graphics card) either physical failure or corrupted drivers. could also be CPU/Mobo failure RAM failure Power Supply failing _____________- Can you boot into BIOS Keyboard for booting to BIOS varies per MoBo F1 F11 Del If you can boot into BIOS, check the various settings to confirm that your Video Adapter is being recognized. __________ Made any changes Recently??
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 toothfairie

toothfairie

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

we put a new memory card in. tried it without new one and old one specifically to see if it was either or that was corrupt. i'll try your suggestion. thanks