Windows XP requires reactivation but gives unacceptable key

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pitchermark

pitchermark

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:26 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Up To Date Version of HijackThis You are using the latest version of HijackThis. Check www.merijn.org frequently for updates. Scan saved at 8:43:07 PM, on 16/04/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 Recently did Trend Micro online scan which seemed to take out some of my Windows files. Often it will not respond to turning it off at the screen and I have to manually turn off at the box and a screen is coming up asking me to reactivate due to changes in hardware (there have been none) however the internet registration process seemed ok but the screen continues to count me down. I am currently at 2 days left. I tried doing it by phone but the Micrsoft person says the numbers generated by XP are not valid. I can see myself getting locked out here. There is still a VX2 infection and possibly something else on my computer (the suspect files when scanned by trend micro cause the scan engine to terminate). The VX2 i hope will be helped by lavasoft as Adaware shows it up where spybot, bit defender, escan do not show infection of any kind. I have sent lavasoft the log fle but no response yet. The Hijack This log file - i will post that when I can get the Ewido programme to connec tto the computer. I have asked them fo rhelp to do this as it will not connect to update but will fo rall other functions. I know this is complicated but as you can see i am overwhelmed wi ththe different issues and I am currently most concrned about being loacked out of windows. How can I corrct this at least and how can I repair windows? Thank You in anticipation of assistance. Kind Regards Mark P