Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

"Quick Coyote Chatroom RibSauce"

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:55 PM

I was cooking pork spare ribs and took a break to chat on irc.

Said, "I wish I had more sauce"

Coyote asked, "what kind of sauce do you have to expand on?"

Ketchup.

This is the recipe Coyote came up with as I fiqured out which ingredients were on hand.
  • 6 teaspoons mustard and a 1/4 teaspoon of cumin to one and a half cups of ketchup
  • Add some chili powder if you have it
  • Garlic powder or fresh, not much
  • Thin with 7-up or sprite a little at a time
    (I had cola so I used that)
  • Add more mustard to kick it a bit if needed, prepared blends easier
  • Seasoned salt or a touch of soy. Don't go heavy
Taste what you come up with

If you have onions, chop them a bit and saute before adding; they will go great with the ribs

If you would like it sweeter, take brown sugar and liquify it in the coke then add it
You can heat the coke to make that work better

Delicious!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 teacup61

teacup61

MalwareTeam Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:23 AM

That sounds similar to what I do! Sometime you just have to improvise. :D ;) Also, if you don't have the brown sugar, you can substitue with pancake syrup. ;)
Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?
Posted Image

#3 Corrine

Corrine

Authentic Member

• Malware Expert
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:PC Security
  • MVP

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:45 PM

The darn thing about it is that Tashi wouldn't share any of the ribs with Coyote and me. Now do you think that's fair after we smelled those darn ribs cooking in Coyote's creation all that time? :lol:
dGFVuFn.jpg

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#4 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:52 PM

:lol: Corrine's suggestion for the recipe was "Roaring TC RibSauce" so really it has two names because it was born in chat and made my kids roar with delight.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-

#5 Maddoktor2

Maddoktor2

Staff Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

Try it in or on meatloaf... *drools*
*Dok's Law*: The simplicity of a solution is directly proportionate to its elusiveness.

#6 teacup61

teacup61

MalwareTeam Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:03 PM

It all sounds yummy! And, since I live in the South, folks compete to have the best barbecue sauce pretty fiercely! Same goes for chili, and brisket.

Corrine, we'll share, IF you get here before it's all gone! :P :weee:
Posted Image

#7 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

Speaking of Brisket and the South, have you seen my other recipes online?
http://tomcoyote.org/recipe.php
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#8 teacup61

teacup61

MalwareTeam Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:21 PM

Great recipes! No sir, I didn't realize they were there. I've just recently come aboard and have been trying to get through the PLs in one piece! :blink: ;) I need to explore more. :weee: Most of the time we do brisket outside and smoke it on the grill, but when it rains I have a nice roomy electric roaster pan I like to use instead of the oven. I like the recipe for spinach burgers! We grow our own greens, so that would be a great new way to fix them this year.
Posted Image

#9 Jacee

Jacee

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,695 posts
  • MVP

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:46 PM

I'm getting in on this discussion......Coyote's Beefmasters Sauce sounds interesting. Think I'll be trying that soon :D

MS MVP-Security 2006~2016

#10 Corrine

Corrine

Authentic Member

• Malware Expert
  • 87 posts
  • MVP

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

Hi, Jacee. Me too -- I'm planning on roasting a chicken this weekend and will have that sauce to go with it. (No, I'm not going to substitute white wine. Gotta get my antioxidants from the red. :) )
dGFVuFn.jpg

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Corrine

Corrine

Authentic Member

• Malware Expert
  • 87 posts
  • MVP

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:39 PM

Hey, teacup -- If you're heading North, I've got a meatloaf in the oven right now with TC's barbecue sauce. I added more mustard and cumin and also sauted both the onions & garlic before mixing in the sauce. I like a sugar-free carbonated lime drink, which really worked well with the other spices. The meatloaf: Mix the following ingredients and form into a loaf. Top meatloaf with sliced onions and coat with additional barbecue sauce. Bake at 375 degrees for 70 minutes. 2 lb lean ground beef 1 egg (I used Egg Beaters) 1.5 cups prepared bread crumbs about 1 teaspoon each: thyme, basil, ground pepper, and salt (I omitted the salt) 1/2 cup fresh grated parmasean/regino cheese 1/2 cup chopped onion about 1 cup TC Barbecue sauce
dGFVuFn.jpg

#12 teacup61

teacup61

MalwareTeam Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:40 PM

That looks good Corrine! :thumbup: Certainly different than mine, and variety IS the spice of life, in most cases. ;) I can tell you what goes in, but not in what measure, I'm afraid. :oops: I smoosh all my ingredients right into the meat, and then shape it. They include : hamburger chopped onion smooshed up crackers mushrooms an egg diced bell pepper touch of garlic powder I use Grill Mates Hamburger seasoning pepper (I usually don't salt mine, as there's salt in the seasoning) for a bit of pep, sometimes I'll throw in a small can of rotel tomatoes. I cook mine a bit slower at first, at about 325, for an hour, then turn it up to 400 for the last bit, until it's as brown as I want it.
Posted Image

#13 Corrine

Corrine

Authentic Member

• Malware Expert
  • 87 posts
  • MVP

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:35 PM

That was the best meatloaf I've ever fixed!!! TC's barbecue sauce made the difference.
dGFVuFn.jpg

#14 teacup61

teacup61

MalwareTeam Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

Okay, that does it!! :lol: We're having meat loaf one day next week! ;)
Posted Image

#15 Guest_catweazle_*

Guest_catweazle_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:46 AM

All of these meat recipes are all well and good, but what about us veggies out here? :(

Anyway, here's a variation on an old favourite that can accompany your barbecue.

Vegetarian Baked Eggs in Potatoes
Prep: 15 min, Cook: 40 min.
· 4 large baking potatoes
· 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. olive oil
· 2 ounces Gruyère cheese (optional), grated
· 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
· 2 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
· 1 tsp. caraway seeds
· 1/4 cup unsalted butter
· 8 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
· 1 red bell pepper\cooked, seeded and diced
· 2 ounces mushrooms\cooked, finely diced
· 8 eggs
Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub each potato with olive oil. Bake about 40 minutes or until potato yields to pressure. Combine grated cheeses with caraway seeds in a small bowl. Set aside. Melt butter in a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté scallions, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cut cooked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out most of the flesh, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell. Stir potato flesh into cooked vegetables. Place potato shells on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1-1/2 tsp. cheese mixture into each shell. Break 1 egg into each shell. Bake about 8 minutes or until eggs are barely set. Remove from oven. Turn on broiler. Sprinkle each egg-potato with remaining cheese. Top with vegetable mixture. Broil until cheese just melts or about 1 minute.