Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Computer won't display background, always white

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jamesro

jamesro

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:59 PM

ever since, my browser was hijakced, my background's been white.. through this same forum, i've managed to get my computer clean..but my background never shows up Like in the windows sign on screen..after i type in my password ...it briefly shows what my intended background is...and then turns to all white as my icons start appearing on my desktop?? anybody have any suggestinos to fix it? one thing to note...when i right click the background and clik on properties...normaly..it should access the "desktop apearances and other such tabs"..but it simply has a .. Properties General (tab) Not Available Protocol: File Protocol Type: HTML Document Connection: Not Encrypted Address: file:\\C\WINDOWS\Web\desktop.html Size: Not Available Created: Not Available Modified: Not Availalbe When i click certificate..it says "this type of document doens't have a certificate" i tried searching through all the hidden folders and such for the address and file..but it doesn't come up? help please!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 nida_pakistani

nida_pakistani

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:22 AM

God Helps U ;) lol

#3 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:47 AM

Try this. Open control panel then click on display then Desktop tab then click on customize themes then click on web tab and put a check beside Desktop Security or the http site click on delete then apply.

#4 jamesro

jamesro

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:55 AM

thanks a lot for responding but, i trie dthat..and only the desktop security icon is there..deleted that..but doesn't change anything the biggest problem is finding the file or html document as it says.. any other suggestions?

#5 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click Display, click the Desktop tab, and then click Customize Desktop. 3. Select Restore Defaults For Win XP go to Start>Control Panel>Folder Options. Select the File Types tab and find zip in the window and click 'Advanced'. Once in the Advanced window choose 'change icon' and change the icon to whatever is in the window (the winzip icon is in the winzip directory) that you want. Follow the same procedure for the txt extension and you should be back to normal.

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#6 Haddad

Haddad

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:09 AM

Sorry I have the same problem. I go into desktop background and it won't let me select the backround. My backround was a picture of a beach but now it's just blue. When i type in my password the picture of the beach breifly appears then goes away . It also appears when I log off. Itryed what you ddi LDTate but that didn't work, can anyone help me.

#7 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:27 PM

Hi Welcome to the WTT forum, It's normally best to start a new topic rather than joining in someone else's, especially if the topic is several years old since the last post. Nevertheless let's continue here for a while... Try this: 1 Right Click a blank space on your desktop 2 Click on Properties 3 Click on Desktop 4 Click on Browse 5 Select your desktop image 6 Click Apply 7 Click OK see how you go. If this does not help, then you will need to send us a lot more information on: 8 details of your machine, service pack level , and a complete list of all the things you have tried so far. 9 What you were doing with you machine (changes) in the week before the trouble started, any new applications installed/uninstalled and details of any changes you made to any settings. 10 Have you tried a "system restore" using a Windows system restore point, to a time before the trouble started? 11 Have you checked for malware on your machine? or recently run any anti spyware or anti virus applications, if so what was the result 12 Does your machine exhibit any other symptoms? If you let us know these details we will be in a better position to suggest some steps you may wish to consider. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#8 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

Read through this series of posts. I think it will resolve your problem:

http://www.techspot....dition-SP2.html

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown