Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome Guest to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

We specialize in the removal of malicious software (malware), but here you'll find free help and support for all your tech questions. We invite you to ask questions, share experiences, and learn. Explore our message boards, or register now to post messages of your own. Please Start Here. Register today (registration removes advertising)

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Can't Print To Network Printer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 alo

alo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:12 PM

This is maddening. I have a small 4 computer network on an SMC router. I have set up windows 98SE networking to run a server/client LAN. The software being run is PACE/TRIAD. I have 2 printers attached to the server onto 2 parallel ports, one Okidata B4350 laser and one Okidata ML430 impact. The printers are both shared and captured correctly with the correct drivers. I can print to the laser printer no problem from any client, the impact printer refuses to print across the network. All it does is put down a few charactors and kicks the form up 1/4 inch and then locks up. I have tried a different impact printer with the same results. The server prints to both with no problem. I have hooked the impact printer locally to a client and it prints no problem. I deleted and re-installed the entire network many times with the same results. I have tried using Lantastic to network them, with the same results. HHHHEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Register to Remove