Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Nasty Toolbars How Do I Get Rid Of Them?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#16 alsocom

alsocom

Retired Staff-Malware Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:04 AM

Your new log is clean. :)

1. I can't reboot in safe mode sad.gif I press F8 and keep it pressed but no. Tried several times. Could it be cos I've got Grisoft installed to scan?

Here is a link to explain Safe Mode more thoroughly. AVG should have no effect on this.

2. When I run Spybot it always finds DSO Exploit and try as I may I cannot remove it. it says its in the folder Hkey_Users\default\software\Microsft\Windows which I also tried to remove (can I? should I? or is it basic to the system??) and failed to do so.

This is a bug in the program which should be fixed in the next version. As long as your Windows is fully updated, you can ignore those entries.

3. In Add/Remove Programmes I can see "Wild Tangent Web Driver" Shoulld I remove this or is it now spyware?

You can remove that entry if you do not use Wild Tangent to play games, for screensavers etc.

Not sure for question 4.

Advertisement

#17 dianelt

dianelt

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:51 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you Alan!!! :D You've done a wonderful job and I must say, with endless patience! THANK YOU Di

#18 alsocom

alsocom

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:52 AM

Your welcome. I'll leave this thread open for a few days to make sure all is well with the computer. :)

#19 alsocom

alsocom

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:56 PM

As this topic has been resolved, the thread will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link:
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Advertisement