Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Win Xp Update Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beverlysmoot

beverlysmoot

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:38 AM

Hello, Trying to update Windows XP home edition to XP sp1a but can't get past KB842773 installation. I have tried several ways to download XP sp1a and each time I am redirected to the windows update screen where it scans for latest updates and finds KB842773 to install, I click express install, it gets past the initializing state, then goes through the installing phase for about 5 minutes then displays install failed. When I view the installation history and click on the failed status the error code displayed is 802400c. I can not find any information that will help me get past this bump. Can someone help me? Sure would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance. Beverly Smoot :scratch:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 beverlysmoot

beverlysmoot

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:19 AM

Update :thumbup: I have resolved this issue. With permission I will be happy to post what I did to get KB842773 installed. Regards, Beverly Smoot