Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Can't Uninstall Nis, Can't Update Windows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#16 ForMyACDs

ForMyACDs

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:52 AM

It just gets curiouser and curiouser....... The settings under Security>Custom Levels were already set up exactly as you listed. Firewall? I think the only thing we have that would be a firewall would be Norton Internet Security. Where would I check this out to be sure it's not disabling my Active X controls? (unfortunately, I already know that NIS isn't working properly on this computer but can't get it uninstalled). :angry:

Advertisement

#17 Daemon

Daemon

Retired Staff-Malware Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 06:12 AM

I haven't used Norton at all so I am getting to the limits of what I can advise. Have you tried their Technical Support?

#18 ForMyACDs

ForMyACDs

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 08:27 PM

I'll have to actually call them then. All their online help winds up going thru secure sites so I can't access it. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement