Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:38 PM
I am currently getting a lot of pop ups, my system is very slow, general typing in to the web site numerous attempts then takes me to a different site than expected. this name page also keeps coming up too .....
hxxp://rvzr-a.akamaihd.net/sd/wrap-0.01.ht...aff%3D1700-1021 - URL edited by OCD
i have googled this but there are too many online different step by steps to follow some are too technical for me, at the same time whch software protection do I use ... how do I know the virus/pop up are promting to choose the right one. I have norton 360 and advanced system care 6 but no luck so far. I have cleaned/cleared cache & cookies which improved the speed a little better but the problem is still there.
Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:37 AM
My name is Robybel.
I would be more than happy to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
- I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
- Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
- If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your Operating System and losing all your programs and data.
Vista and Windows 7 users:
These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
with Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")
Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
Having said that....Let's get going!!
Scan with OTL
- Download OTL to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Under Custom Scan paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /rp /s
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
- You may need two posts to fit them both in.
=============================== Next =======================================
Please download aswMBR.exe and save it to your desktop.
- Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool. (Vista/Windows 7 users - right click to run as administrator)
- Allow it to update where necessary
- Click Scan
- Upon completion of the scan, click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review. Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
- You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well.
On your next reply please post :
- aswMBR log
Let me know if you have any problems in performing with the steps above or any questions you may have.
- vlad1s57 likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users